Who eats the same thing every day?

Options
I would actually do this. If i find a good combination I'd stick with it every day just to save the headache of not having to log it, I'd just know I'm good.

Has anyone had success? Do you get burnt out that easy?

How often do you switch things up?

Replies

• browncurlz3
    Options
    Every day.
    Nogii bar and iced coffee w/ cream for breakfast (post-workout).
    Green smoothie for my mid-AM snack
    Greek 2% yogurt and fresh fruit for lunch
    Nuts or airpopped popcorn for afternoon snack.

Dinner is always different because it's the meal I share with my husband, and I won't make him submit to to my ridiculous eating habits LOL

I switch things up when I find something better. My old mid-AM snack was almond butter on crackers, but the green smoothie is more filling.

I've been eating protein bars for breakfast for YEARS and it hasn't gotten old yet. (I do wish Nogii had more flavors, though...)
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    I tend to have the same thing for breakfast most days - greek yogurt and maybe a banana (if I have some) and coffee. I bring my breakfast to work so I don't have to eat so early in the morning. This has worked well for me so far.
    On the weekends I will have some cereal since I eat a bit later.
    Lunch and dinner will vary but I do tend to bring the same snacks most day: fruit, string cheese and some kind of skinny cow chocolate to curb my need for something sweet.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat the same two breakfasts pretty much - either eggs, sourdough toast, fruit & black coffee, or oatmeal with Greek yogurt, fruit, walnuts, honey & cinnamon and the coffee.

My lunches and dinners change all the time.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing everyday and switch it up weekly.

But sometimes for breakfast ill eat oatmeal everyday and just change up the ingredients and flavor i add to it.

And lunch ill have a wrap, sometimes buffalo, sometimes chicken salad, sometimes fajita. So its the same, but different..

For me i dont mind eating the same thing, ita more cost effective for me, and easier to make a grocery list and less time consuming.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I eat the same foods every day for about a week, then change it up. I make ALL of my meals at the beginning of my week with a few fall-backs in case I run out early.

This week is Quinoa and Black Beans, Thai Red Curry Chicken, Turkey Burgers, Spaghetti w/ Spaghetti Squash.

My back ups are always healthy choice steamer meals. :) If I cook once a week and change things up, I'm less likely to burn out and get bored!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat some of the same things every day...breakfast for me is the same during the work week...snacks tend to be the same and/or maybe they get switched up every couple of days...but my lunches and dinners always vary. I think it would get really boring, really quick eating the exact same things day in and day out...but I'm kind of a foodie so quality and variety are very important to me.
  • sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday until I get so bored with it that I have to change. Dinner varies but is always from a set list of foods, which I usually assign a day to - e.g. curry on Monday, chilli on Wednesday etc. I like routine :tongue:

I can't say if it's anymore successful than eating with more variety as I've always done it, but it hasn't prevented me from losing weight so it's all good.
  • curlsgalore25
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing every day. I have coffee in the morning with an apple. For lunch I take grilled chicken with veggies to work with either ranch or bbq sauce, I pre-make these on Sunday. Then for dinner, a hamburger with more veggies. For snacks, I will do fruit or low calorie popcorn :)
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I eat the same foods everday in different orders for one or two weeks... then I'll find another recipe and eat that for a week.

Dinner is normally the same things for me.. chicken.. fish... some type of salad... no heavy carbs. But for lunch I like to play around with different recipes and more yummy stuff.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    They had a study that identified that most healthy eating people eat similar things daily. I have some daily staple but like to mix it up often.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I used to always tell my GF that I want to invent human "dog food". Just buy a bag, eat a serving and it has all we need for a meal.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you have about 14 full menus for dinner and just rotate through them every week, you won't get bored and you can just use the "add meal" feature.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NEVER
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    NEVER
    QFT
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would actually do this. If i find a good combination I'd stick with it every day just to save the headache of not having to log it, I'd just know I'm good.

Has anyone had success? Do you get burnt out that easy

How often do you switch things up?

I often eat the same thing every day. At least my breakfast & lunch are usually the same, but dinner main course changes. It's just I love what I have for breakfast & lunch, soo tasty and is working, so I'm satisfied. If/when I'm not, I'll change it up.
  • kandienicole
    Options
    I eat the same thing everyday and switch it up weekly.

But sometimes for breakfast ill eat oatmeal everyday and just change up the ingredients and flavor i add to it.

And lunch ill have a wrap, sometimes buffalo, sometimes chicken salad, sometimes fajita. So its the same, but different..

For me i dont mind eating the same thing, ita more cost effective for me, and easier to make a grocery list and less time consuming.

^^^^This^^^

For the most part, I eat the same things but try to make changes every 2-4 weeks so I don't burn out or get bored!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Another direction for this, is those that cook everything on a Sunday for example and get it ready for the week, is it ok to cook chicken and put it in the fridge until...like Friday??
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I used to always tell my GF that I want to invent human "dog food". Just buy a bag, eat a serving and it has all we need for a meal.

Now this is a QFT.

Yes!!!!
  • kandienicole
    Options
    Another direction for this, is those that cook everything on a Sunday for example and get it ready for the week, is it ok to cook chicken and put it in the fridge until...like Friday??

I read somewhere that fully cooked chicken will stay fresh in a sealed container in the fridge for up to four days.I cook like that formyy husband and he hasn't had any problems so far...I typically cook a batch on Sundays and Wednesdays...then portion everything out in containers and refrigerate! Hope this helps!
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a big list of things that i just pretty much try to switch around. If I make chicken on the grill then I will use that a few days. And I found that the skinny cow ice cream works well if I feel cheated out of food. They have many to choose from.