Green Tea Extract

Options
I am thinking of trying the green tea extract. Has anyone ever tried it? If so, did you have any success with it?

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You mean just drinking the tea or eating a tea pill?

If you are thinking to eat it then you might as well just drink a cup 2-3 times a day as it's more cost effective and will have all the same results (small increase in metabolism, fills your stomach a little to stave off hunger and is a good cup of tea)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just drink tea ...... it's yummy.

CITRUS GINGER GREEN TEA

1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
    1 orange thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    1 lemon thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    2 family size green tea bags (or 8 single bags)
    1 tablespoon honey or to taste (optional)

Heat 1 qt of water with ginger slices to just boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags, steep for 3-4 minutes. Add the fruit slices and steeped tea to a gallon pitcher. Let stand about 10-15 minutes, then add honey and stir. Add enough ice and cold water to fill the pitcher.

Taste will be stronger the second day. Rub fruit slices against the back of a slotted spoon to release some juices.
  • channadugger
    Options

If you are thinking to eat it then you might as well just drink a cup 2-3 times a day as it's more cost effective and will have all the same results (small increase in metabolism, fills your stomach a little to stave off hunger and is a good cup of tea)

I am thinking of taking the green tea extract pill. I heard it increases the metabolism and is a good way to get rid of water weight. Just wanted to get some opinions first though.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I am thinking of taking the green tea extract pill. I heard it increases the metabolism and is a good way to get rid of water weight. Just wanted to get some opinions first though.

To drop off water weight just keep well hydrated, my rule of thumb is to drink 1 mL of water for every 1 mg of sodium consumed or 8-10 cups of water... which ever is more, and to maintain a low sodium diet. Water weight comes from working out (muscles will absorb more water if the nutrients that it requires is not replenished after a workout) and also from eating a high sodium diet.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Drink water and limit sodium consumption to lessen water weight.

Green tea will not make you lose weight. The caffeine will increase metabolism slightly but not enough to make a difference.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I found an old bottle of Green tea fat burner in my kitchen, nobody claimed it so I took it for a few weeks. I used it as energy for gym instead of coffee, it was green tea extract, EGCG and caffeine (65mg cap) I actually loved it. It was subtle but I liked how it made me feel in the gym.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Its pretty cheap, worth giving a shot. And much more concentrated then 2-3 cups of tea and much easier.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

Work out to boost your metabolism. Do not waste your money on foolish Dr Oz baloney
  • kandienicole
    Options
    I used it for the first three months of my weight loss to help give me energy mid-afternoon while I was at work.I was so busy and in a front office and not able to even eat a quick snack. I lost weight, but attribute that more to a healthy diet and working out. I would say do the pill if you are extremely busy...but if not, try the tea itself. Now that I am not as busy I drink the tea and love it!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Please do not throw you money away.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Complete and total bunk if you think it will help you lose weight. Weight loss comes from eating less and doing more. There are no miracle cures or everyone would be thin.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Please do not throw you money away.

This! No one got fat due to a green tea extract deficiency. If you like tea, just drink it.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I actually used Mega green tea extract pills for a while when I first started losing weight and I felt they helped me to quell my appetite. I didn't talk much about it here because so many people give you a hard time about things like that.

I hate tea to drink, which is why I went for the pills. I feel they gave me a jump start to do something that I had been trying unsuccessfully to start doing for years.

So there :laugh:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I actually used Mega green tea extract pills for a while when I first started losing weight and I felt they helped me to quell my appetite. I didn't talk much about it here because so many people give you a hard time about things like that.

I hate tea to drink, which is why I went for the pills. I feel they gave me a jump start to do something that I had been trying unsuccessfully to start doing for years.

So there :laugh:

If you "think" it works for you - then it does work for you (placebo effect). I look at it this way ..... if it's just tea and not filled with other crap ....what's the harm?

If green tea was an appetite suppressant, I certainly wouldn't need this site.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Do not waste your money on foolish Dr Oz baloney

QFT
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I bought a jar of green tea tablets for the same reason and ended up just drinking green tea in the end. It's not that they didn't work, I just decided I enjoyed drinking it more. If it's that you don't like the taste of green tea, well, I didn't either before but it grows on you if you give it a chance. I drink too much coffee so it's a great way to reduce coffee intake too.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    While I love green tea and drink it by the gallon if it made you lose weight I would be a skeleton by now, it may have other health benefits though such as fighting cancer and helping remove free radical toxins from your body, I drink it because I enjoy it and its calorie free if drinking it just plain or with a splash of lemon.
  • akacurry
    akacurry Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried it faithfully for a month and it did nothing for me. I am far more successful exercising and counting calories in and out. Try a biometric device like Body Media Fit if you are going to spend money. It is all about the calories ;)
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    As others have said, just drink the tea. It's a great source of antioxidants and *may* help you lose weight, but only by helping you feel full. A great green tea or detox tea in the morning always sets my day off on the right track, and I usually don't feel as hungry as the hours pass by. I like put a couple tablespoons of cold water in my cup with the tea bag before I add hot water in an attempt to preserve the benefits of the tea leaves (but not sure if this really works). Perhaps it's the placebo effect at work, but I also notice better-looking skin by having a cup of detox/green tea daily and it's very, very calming for me. Either way... as you can see from my name, I :heart: tea and would recommend it to anyone no matter what!