new kid in town! looking for friendly people ...

Options
Hi everybody! i just joined this site, and I love it! I am hoping to make some online friends to share sob stories and support! I have recently lost sixty pounds, which is pretty awesome, but when i hit that milestone i kind of fell off the wagon! I have sixty more to go and really need some help in the way of encouragement and positive energy, which i gratefully and happily return.....:love:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this is a great site full of awesome people
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. If you need a buddy, hit me up!! We all can use some cheerleaders. :flowerforyou:
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and there are awesome people on this site. You have done a great job. Now, all you need to do is jump right back in and let all of us here help keep you motivated and inspired. I am glad that you are here. If I can help please let me know and I will do what I can. God Bless, Brenda
  • lindalilac
    Options
    Hi Katland I am new to this online way of losing weight . I have just started so its nice to know that it works.My name is Linda and as I said I joined 5 days ago. I know how hard it can be but what I want to say to you is that if you did it once.{ YOU CAN DO IT. AGAIN }. I will be here if you need some encouragment.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit and your progress so far -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • escapethefateluver
    Options
    hi welcome 2 MFP!! i kno a way to keep the fat off and give u som awesome abs!!! lol :):flowerforyou:
  • raynhammoonluva
    Options
    Hello fellow fighters...yes once again I am taking that path to a better lifestyle as far as food goes. I am post surgical for a gastric bypass (4 years ago) and slowly the weight has crept back up. I am at a whooping 225!! ugghhh. But I will get to my goal. I am also getting married in Ocotober to a man who doesnt eat healthy in any way and this I have let sabotage my once super healthy diet. I have to remain strong and say no to the ice cream, cookies and treats he always has in the house. I have begun to use my ab roller 3 to 4 times a day now at 20 reps a whack....hoping to tighten up around the waist and burn those calories. I have also begun bringing my dog for a walk at least one a day and would like to get up to four times a day if possible. Good for her and myself. Looking for buddies on here to help me on my journey and assist you with yours.
    Peace & Blessings
    Moon
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 60 lbs! That's really an awesome achievement!

You can do this! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal! You've already proven that you have what it takes to take control of your life and lose the weight, now just need to get back into the swing and push yourself over the crest. You've done such amazing work! There is no doubt in my mind that you WILL get to your weight goal!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it as helpful as I have. :)
  • thankyoulord
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi-
    I just joined last night. I need to lose 120 lbs and shope this will point me in the right direction. What did you do and eat to lose the 60 lbs. I really need support and help. For the past few mon ths I have felt down in the dumps so much so I am glad to meet and chat w u...I joined Curves and will be oing there in 20 minutes. So..I hope to respond now or later...Thanks for all the tips you can share w me..:blushing: :blushing:
  • thankyoulord
    Options
    HiI am also on face book. Kinda new at that. My concern is this..If i join the group will all I have said here go on my page for all to read. I do not wantg other friends anf family to be involv ed with this and know what I am doing. How can I prevent. I know tghere is something babout private...but not sure what to do..
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    Options
    Hello & welcome! Congrats on losing the 60 lbs and good luck with the next 60!
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    every journey begins with the first step.....
    I just joined a few days ago, and I feel the support, and see that others have succeeded......I can do this too....so can you.
    The exercise counter makes me fell that I need to move, so I am doing more than I usually do, but this site is addicting...I spend a lot of time surfing.....
    Take care....God bless
    Lianne
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow fighters...yes once again I am taking that path to a better lifestyle as far as food goes. I am post surgical for a gastric bypass (4 years ago) and slowly the weight has crept back up. I am at a whooping 225!! ugghhh. But I will get to my goal. I am also getting married in Ocotober to a man who doesnt eat healthy in any way and this I have let sabotage my once super healthy diet. I have to remain strong and say no to the ice cream, cookies and treats he always has in the house. I have begun to use my ab roller 3 to 4 times a day now at 20 reps a whack....hoping to tighten up around the waist and burn those calories. I have also begun bringing my dog for a walk at least one a day and would like to get up to four times a day if possible. Good for her and myself. Looking for buddies on here to help me on my journey and assist you with yours.
    Peace & Blessings
    Moon

I'm so glad you found this site! Welcome! :D This place is a great tool to help you achieve permanent lifestyle changes. I can't say I'm surprised by your story, there are a LOT of ex-weight loss surgery patients on this site and other weight loss forums who've gained the weight back.

Weight loss surgery is a band aide. It doesn't fix the problem. It doesn't teach portion control, how to eat healthy, how to focus on your meal and not be distracted so that you can be in the moment and be satisfied with what you just ate. It doesn't teach how to identify our emotional triggers that make us run to the kitchen to scarf on something even though we are not physically hungry. It doesn't help you learn to eat properly or live with balance. It goes from one extreme to another. Before we are unable to stop over eating, suddenly after weight loss surgery you are unable to do anything but under-eat. This is what makes WLS so dangerous and in most cases so ineffective (nearly 100% of patients who get weight loss surgery gain the weight back within five years).

Congratulations for having the willpower and the fire to change your life for the better! Too many people would have given up after what you went through, but the fact that you refuse to shows your determination to better yourself! You rock, hun! :D And with sites like this one (and several other great ones online) you have the tools and support to make permanent life changes! You CAN do this! I have faith in you, sweetie!
  • katland15
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!!!! Im excited in sharing progress and celebrating milestones with all of you!