Back and sides of knees?

I had a particularly intense (for me) leg workout yesterday. I did about 60 frog jumps, 50 center jumps on the Bosu, 50 center bench jumps, 100 Bulgarian lunges, 20 burpees, and 50 get-ups (situp to stand-up) and then a 1/2 mile on 8%, and .5 on elliptical.

The backside and sides of my knees are super sore, and while I can bear weight, they have kinda-buckled (they buckled and then I caught myself) I was still pretty hot when I was stretching too. Is it possible I overstretched? Is it too much jumping stuff(my most hated of all things)? It is a dull ache when I am sitting and standing, but I feel it pretty good when walking or stretching.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    over stretched? if i did all that jumping and lungeing i don't think i'd be naming my post workout stretch as the culprit
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Sounds like you have DOMS.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    thats really LOTS of work for the knees and everything whats inside. I wouldnt do anything to overwork/overstretch anything in the knee because if that happens, it just takes toooo long. and overstretched is overstreched. not worth it. I had 2 knee surgerys...long story. lol

Put some ice on your knees ;) if its still swollen or hurts when you walk go see a doc
  • hernang1
    hernang1 Posts: 12 Member
    I had meniscus surgery about 4 months ago . Ive been running and playing soccer . But on Saturday i was doing a yoga hamstring stretch before my run. My knee popped out like before my surgery. The knee has been behaving normally i have still been running but since the incident the back and side of my knee are sore. It feels a little weird . Has anyone had any post meniscus surgery experiences like mine?
  • hernang1
    hernang1 Posts: 12 Member
    Have you popped your knee out stretching your hamstring? I hoping my knee surgery was not messed up because it still performs well and it doesn't pop out at all, just that time. I am a sore around the back and side of knee even down my shins and calf . What do you think ?