Time of the Month weight

Options
Ladies,

How much weight do you put on during your period? And when does it usually come off?
Any tips to stop bloating - I'm avoiding Salt, but yea.

Replies

• rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself at all during that week.....:(
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Use a diuretic such as Midol to help with the bloating.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    between 1.5 and 3 lbs, lemon in water helps flush out some of the water weight, and I like to work up a sweat and ignore the scale, and try to give myself one small treat so I don't go overboard on crazy salty/sweet snack binge :).
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Increase your fluid intake and try to avoid sodium. Really though I think the majority of it is hormonal. It's also perfectly natural. I've been losing during my period lately, but have been known in the past to retain up to 12 lbs of water weight. It usually disappears between the third day of my cycle and a day or two after it ends.
  • Blsedbygrce
    Options
    5 lbs approximately, no matter what I'm doing to attempt to keep that off, I'll gain; but it will come off just as quickly, not a worry for me, just uncomfortable.
  • countryclowgirl
    countryclowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2-5 labs for me. And it is mostly water weight. So I loose it pretty quickly.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid weighing during this time. I would guess about 5-7 lbs difference just depending...and worse if I give in to all the temptation and cravings.

Drink plenty of water and try midol or pamprin to help with bloating. Oh! and exercise...I believe it helps!