Weekend Food plans

Options
Typically Friday is Papa Johns and fried chicken day for my family. Well my husband and daughter are sadly mistaken if they think they r having that today. I have worked my *kitten* off all week and I'm not going to let 10 minutes of pleasure ruin my diet. Just won't happen!! This weekend we r going to learn about something called VEGETABLES. We will tackle the veggie world.. One color at a time.

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! :happy: I need to be that diligent about it more often...! Thanks for the motivation!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My weekends is where I've been messing up. I've got to get that under control.
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You tell em! Your health (and theirs) is far too important to give in to habit.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    This weekend we r going to learn about something called VEGETABLES. We will tackle the veggie world.. One color at a time.
    That is awesome and easy to do...well just about...I mean, what are you going to do when you get to the color blue? :wink:
    It'll definitely be fun for the kids to make rainbows from food.
  • Skinman
    Skinman Posts: 24
    Options
    LOL Vegetables? Oh ya those things. Stick to it, you are going to be weekend motivation to eat well this weekend. Thanks!
  • squidboy1
    Options
    you tell them girl!!!!
    good work all week. keep it up.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Great job! introduceing them to healthy tasty alternatives. :bigsmile: Stand strong!!
  • LGWhritenour
    LGWhritenour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • Blushing_prin_cess
    Options
    Make a stand Mom! Think of them eating healthier tonight as your reward. Makes you feel good knowing they are eating better. Most night out of the week I dont eat what my family does. Nothing really bad just things I cant eat if I am gin gto shed pounds. So occationally I have a really healthy meal. Not exactly everyones favorite but it is catching on. Good job with the lifestyle change(I hate the word diet its so restricting)!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Lisa Marie
  • HaesMom
    HaesMom Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't know what it is about the weekends that makes us spoil all of the progress we make throughout the week. This weekened I am going to try to make a conscious effort not to over indulge. Good luck to you this weekend.
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It does seem to be a habit to over indulge on the weekends. Good for you to tackle the issue. I introduced my kids to zucchini yesterday and even my 5 year old liked them!

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • VAbreeze
    VAbreeze Posts: 19
    Options
    You tell 'em girl! You didn't pass up on that Phillie Cheesesteak during the week to have ANYONE potentially botch it up on the weekend w/some greasy, fatening Papa John's chicken! (can you tell I'm kinda hung on that Cheesesteak...not hung, just impressed...*Hi-5*). :P
  • Rashonne76
    Options
    You can talk that mess all u want, me and baby girl are eating OUT!
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    May I Make A Suggestion? I'm In College And Therefore Automatically A Pizza Addict [LOL] But Maybe You Could Try Making A Healthy Pizza At Home. Whole Grain Crust, Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese And Top With Your Favorite Veggies. Anything Goes From Mushrooms, Onions, Spinach, Broccoli, Peppers, Jalapenos, Whatever. That Way You Can Still Feel Treated With All The Greasy Guilt.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Friday night is usually my pizza night too. I usually make my own, but if I don't then I either buy a Freschetta thin crust pizza or go pick up a Papa Murphy's DeLite pizza. Both of those are pretty good on calories and at Papa Murphy's you can pick your own toppings and get extra veggies.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

We are going to my inlaws house. They are on the "Ideal Protein" diet. So basically they have no food in their house. It shouldnt be too hard to stick to the eating plans this weekend...
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can talk that mess all u want, me and baby girl are eating OUT!

LOL look like you have your hands full! Veggies are awesome. My favorite right now is grilled (broiled..I cheat) yellow squash. I slice it really thin, and toss it in a teas of evoo and tony's (aka seasoning salt or lawry's ..i think) and voila. It is sooo delicious.