Insanity days off

Options
Hey,

I started insanity 3 days day (woo!...lol) and I want to keep commited to it.
However I will be going away for a long weekend (3-4days). Should I cross three-four rest days off. Or do I just continue as normal.
I would prefer it if I could do my routine during those days, but unfortunatly it is one of those family wedding deals, so I wont be allowed to -.-; lol

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am also doing Insanity! Month 2 for me.

Personally, I don't think crossing off 3-4 rest days is a good idea. Those rest days are 100% necessary for our body. What I might do instead is to start the week over (as much as that sucks), or maybe do a couple of two-a-days (one in the morning, one at night) till you are all caught up. If it was 1 day, I might say skip or move the rest day (I have "rested" on a Saturday before and done my exercise on that Sunday, my usual rest day). But 3-4 is too many, IMHO. I wish I could help you more than that.

If you are more fit, I would say do the 2-a-days. If you are less fit, star the weekt over again. That's just my advice.

Best of luck man!
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Hey,

Thanks for the advise. I might try doing two a day e.g. during a fit test day and then another a couple days later (as I have a couple of weeks before I am leaving, so I can spread out doing double)
    If I am feelign it is too much I'll just re-do the week. It wont be too painful....hopefully. lol :)
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you do the 2 a days split them between morning and night. Doing them back to back is a really good way to injure yourself. I speak from experience.
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Get up before the rest of your family and get your workout in before the day begins. You will feel great for the rest of the day, won't miss any workouts, and no need to switch-a-roo your schedule!
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I missed 3 days of Week 8 last week cos of overdoing it and adding a run to my recovery day - thighs hurt so much Insanity wax a no goer!! I'm repeating week 8. Learnt a valuable lesson about not overdoing things!!
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't cross your rest days off. Just go for a jog on the days that you are away and can't do the insanity workout. You're body needs that 7th day rest
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's 40 mins. Fit in in :ohwell:
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    It seems that the best option is probably just to re-do the week, because I am quite prone to injuring myself.
    Tbh, an extra week in the grand scheme of things isn't so bad.
    I want results but I need to think of saftey aswel