1200 calorie daily limit?

Options
Anyone else with just a 1200 cal limit? Once I start fitting in exercise, it shouldnt be a problem, but right now I am finding it hard to stay at 1200. Would anyone mind sharing their food diaries with me? I need some low calorie meal ideas.

Replies

• imnoops
    imnoops Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on1800 so I really can't help in that regard, but breaking it down to meal goals might make it easier. so, either 400 per meal or 300 per meal and then 3 100 snacks throughout the day....I would recommend getting some good exercise in to make up the difference, but there are these new sandwich thins that are only 100 cals or so, and then Oscar Mayer makes this delicious deli fresh shaved lunchmeat, and it is I think 45 cals for 6 slices of turkey or chicken....that is another thing, too....try to substitute fish or poultry, instead of eating beef, cause there is less cals in those things....I don't know how much of this you already know, so I hope this is a help, and not just repeating something you already know :) Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I get 1280 cal a day, you are welcome to look at my food diary for ideas. I love to look at peoples food diaries also, it gives you ideas and shows you how you can stay within the calories.
  • disneybuff323
    Options
    i get about that much, look at my food diary and add me if you need some support!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200, it helps me work out to eat! lol.. you get used to it and learn what foods to eat to help you get satisfied so your not hungry all the time.
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    Your welcome to check out mine - I'm only on 1200.
    At the start, I found it difficult too, but lately, I have actually been under on a few occassions.
    I will though that I'm not a very adventurous eater !
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am at 1000 but I try to eat my exercise cal so it comes to about 1150 to 1200 sometimes. My food diary is oublic. Take a look. I think the biggest thing is to find foods that are filling. Fruit like plums, necartines, pears etc, are really filling easy to pick and eat, and taste great. I also don't eat many traditional carbs, like bread and crackers. If you like smoothies, they can help you fill and and stay under you calorie mark too. Just try to make homemade instead of heading to your nearest smoothie king.

hth and good luck, once you get into the swing of things you'll be at 1200 or less everyday.

Brit
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to the 1200 cals a day, you can add me but I can't promise you will get any good ideas from my diary, I have been terrible lately with the eating out and drinking.
    I sort of try the 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, and 500 for dinner. I want to try four 300-cal meals/day and try and eat better. I had another thread going on 1200 cals-what did you eat today if you want to search, I know there were some good ideas there.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have a 1200 calorie limit and try to stick to that daily. You're welcome to look at my food diary (I think it's public, let me know if you can't see it and I'll try to figure out how to show it to you).