Guy needs to target his large butt and lose it

Options
Sipah
Sipah Posts: 31 Member
Well I have been losing weight and I am a big guy for my height. I would like to work on losing weight around my *kitten* or at least bring the inches in line with my stomach.

My stomach is currently 39 inches. My hips/butt are 41 inches. So I would like to bring them in line and be roughly at one measurement.

So what should i do?

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster. You need to eat less than you burn for fat loss. No specific exercise will make your butt smaller, it's all about fat loss, and that comes down to creating a caloric deficit. Then, genetics takes over and your body decides where you lose fat from when.
  • Sipah
    Sipah Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well that sucks. So diet it is.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    sadly, you cannot spot reduce. just keep eating at a deficit and the fat will eventually come off.
  • kgraves3
    kgraves3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There's really no such thing as "spot-reducing". Your body burns fat when your energy expenditure is more than your intake, you can't force it to take it from one place.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    There's really no such thing as "spot-reducing". Your body burns fat when your energy expenditure is more than your intake, you can't force it to take it from one place.

^^ unfortunately, they are right. I need to lose it in my stomach but I can't spot reduce so I'm F'ed... and to think I was almost down to goal, but I lost it all in my legs and that's not my problem area. Just keep dieting and exercising and hopefully you'll lose some in your butt as well!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Who wants a flat *kitten*?? Not me
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    squats... with no weight or body weight

kettlebells routines
  • SupaAthlete
    SupaAthlete Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    READ THIS! You body loses weight proportionally from every area. It is not possible to "spot reduce" fat without surgery. Sorry. Different people just store more fat in some areas than others, it will always be that way. The best thing you can do is focus on cardio or fat burning exercises and eat frequently to stoke your metabolism. Cut out sugar and breads.

P.S. Women like guys with butts!
  • mr_rat
    mr_rat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It is true spot reduction does not work, but if you want to work your glutes, go for a run/walk, try to hit hills, the steeper the hill the better the work on the gluts. Squat, hack squat/leg press or any plyometric jumping exercise all will work the glutes
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Eat less and do dead lifts brah