celiac disease/gluten-free diet

Options
:flowerforyou: :sad: if anyone has this, I would welcome any info for what has worked for you...I believe I have it and am trying to follow a gluten free diet but it is hard...

Replies

• Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't have celiac disease, but along with counting my calories and trying to lose 50 pounds, I also follow a no flour diet. I also am a member of a group on a site called No Flour, No Sugar Diet. I am new there too.

How long have you been gluten-free?
  • NeNaBeAr
    NeNaBeAr Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm not completely sure if I am Celiac either, but I am following a gluten free diet, as well as have many other allergies(banana peppers, Artifical sweetners,raw broccoli, and lots of other stuff) I have recipes for power bars that are very helpful, and have found great meals on the go.
  • erinkate82
    Options
    I have been gluten free for 5 days now and it has been much easier than I expected. You can get a list of gluten free items at the customer service desk of most grocery stores as well as getting allergy info online for your favorite restaurants. You can find a gluten free replacement for most of your staples - pasta, flour, cookies, etc. It is totally worth it if gluten has been causing you tummy aches like it did for me!
  • psdh
    psdh Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been on a gluten free diet since July 2010. I am hypothyroid and read that many people who are hypothyroid are gluten intolerant, so I decided to give it a try. I eat rice, and lots of veggies and fruits, and a little bit of meat. If I want a treat I eat some chocolate.. but I have to make sure the chocolate I eat is okay. I am surprised that I didn't naturally lose weight. I thought the weight would drop off it I weren't eating the white flour. But maybe that is my thyroid condition, my metabolism is very slow. I am going to eat this way for at least two years, as an experiment, and will re evaluate after that time. Meanwhile I have 40 pounds to lose, and am excited to be on this site for encouragement and help.
  • April1201
    April1201 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could help eachother out a little! I'm about 90% sure that I'm gluten intolerant, but this week is a trial period for me to see if gluten-free will help get rid of my migraines/headaches, and about 5 zillion other issues I'm having. So far, so good! I need to lose about 45 pounds. If anyone knows of any awesome websites for gluten-free recipes, I'd love to hear it. Psdh, let me know if you want to keep in touch and keep eachother motivated!
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    www.bettycrocker.com is has a lot of gluten free recipes. Today is my first day going full gluten free.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Today is officially my first day living gluten free......yesterday didn't count for me because I had bread for breakfast. We decided to take the challenge after I learned the benefits of gluten free. I have wondered for years why I have such bad digestive and stomach issues. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IF ALL THE DISCOMFORT WILL GO AWAY....

I found this site that really gave me a good informative view of the foods that are a no no and those that are a go.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gluten-free-diet/MY01140