breastfeeding and diet pills

Options
what are your thoughts?

Replies

• siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    To never in a million years ever do it. What you put in your body your baby gets. Does your baby need to diet? No.

Please please do not do this!!!
  • stacilee43
    stacilee43 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Might as well be injecting the drugs into the baby's veins. Yes, I am blunt. Also, to be blunt, it can easily be construed as endangering the welfare of a child, abuse of a child... Sometimes, I'm all for government "interference" in our personal lives. Similar as the seat belt issue.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

On a side note, I'm glad you asked, but:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. The end.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am anti-diet pill. So I would so hell no.. you should make every effort to eat healthy and watch what you put in your body because, like the above poster said, what you eat, baby eats.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't take diet pills period much less pass that poison along to your baby!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but how is this even something you would ask? It's bad on so many levels.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    IF this is a real question and not a troll post, it is proof that any moron can produce a human being. Survival of the fittest comes to mind here.
  • Diyamommy
    Diyamommy Posts: 56
    Options
    Diet pills are a big NO NO in my opinion. If you try to eat small portions for a week or 2 you will get used to eating less. Or you can drink a big glass of water before every meal, that will curb your appetite.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    IF this is a real question and not a troll post, it is proof that any moron can produce a human being. Survival of the fittest comes to mind here.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

OP, no, and no, even if you weren't breastfeeding.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but how is this even something you would ask? It's bad on so many levels.

Don't be so rude. We mothers can poison our babies from our breasts all we like lady! :tongue:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    OH HELL NO!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    what are your thoughts?

1. No
    2. No
    3. No
    4. What you ingest gets passed to your baby and it is quite frightening that you would even have to ask people's thoughts on the matter.
    5. Go talk to your doctor and/or a dietician for proper nutrition while breastfeeding your newborn.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OP, I think this is one of those times where you are posting in a forum instead of asking your doctor because you know what your doctor would say.
    Don't ever do diet pills (my not so humble opinion.)
    You know what though? You need to really fuel your body right now. I mean like 500 calories more than what you would need for your own maintenance. A lot of women lose a lot while breastfeeding, which is great if it's a byproduct and not the goal.

Diet pills are friggin' poison, as was said.

Are they appetite suppressants? Good luck keeping your milk supply up if you're using appetite suppressants.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Are you insane?

No
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no

and incase you missed that... NO!

YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOUR CHILD!

*FACEPALM*
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding will loose the weight for you anyway good diet plenty water,no need for anything else,never lost weight as easily as when I was breastfeeding!!!
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Plain stupid
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that the answer is no? At least that's what I gather from the responses.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Are you insane?

No
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no

and incase you missed that... NO!

YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOUR CHILD!

*FACEPALM*

THIS!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm currently BFing, and while I absolutely hate how slow the weightloss is for me, I still wouldn't do it.