P90 X- Calorie Burn on Plyometrics

Options
I wore my HRM for the first time while doing the P90X Plyometrics workout today and it totaled my calorie burn at 430.

I know that that is a reasonable calorie burn but I feel like it should be more than that. I also do Jillian Michaels Circuit training videos and I burn about that many calories, but P90X Plyo seems way more difficult than the JM workouts do.

I am curious how many calories others burn on this crazy workout.

Thanks!

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    which HRM do you have?
  • minus15go
    Options
    It's a MIO Classic watch. It's the kind where you have to push your middle and pointer fingers onto 2 censors for a few seconds in order for it to read your heart rate. It's not the best, but it was around $50 so it's not bottom of the line either.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things to take into consideration with calorie burn - age, weight, height, gender, individual intensity, amount of lean muscle mass, etc. However, with all that being said (LOL!!!) I usually burn between 400-500 calories with Plyo. Are you using a HRM with a chest strap? Those are more accurate than the wrist watch kind.

Good job with Plyo!! Keep crushin' it!
    Tina
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    We were posting at the same time. I threw my MIO in the trash. Hope the one you have is better than the one I had. If you are going to invest $50 into a HRM, I suggest spending another $40 and getting a Polar w/ a chest strap. Just my personal opinion.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i bought one that comes with a chest strap from walmart.com for only $36. i love it....i burn about 400 cals during plyo..maybe 450 cant exactly remember. but other people talk about burning like 7-800 during plyo and i have no idea how. i sure do push my hardest