new diet, need your guys opinions.

Options
Just wanting to share with you my diet plan, and what do you guys think? I believe in calories in calories out so I don't like to restrict myself to much and be to strict, it's a lifestyle not a diet, also I follow 'IIFYM' (If it fits your macro's) so basically if i hit my calorie/carb/protein/fats I'm happy.

Breakfast: 70g oats, 200ml semi skim milk, 100ml almond milk, 50g blueberries, 1 medium egg.
Snack: wheatabix (2 biscuits) with 1tbsp peanut butter + (flushed down with a protein shake)
Lunch: 40g brown rice (dried weight) 1 serving mixed veg, 100g turkey breast, 40g cucmber.
Snack: homemade chocolate yogurt (100g fat free Greek yogurt, 50g cottage cheese, 1tbsp cocoa, 4 rice cakes)
Dinner: 90g Brown rice, 100g chicken breast, 100g broccoli, 100g spinach

Macro's: 1812 calories, 238carbs, 40fats, 125protein (44g fiber)

lost a pound this week on this diet. 0.5-6kg's.

Replies

• h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Too much carb, try and drop it to 100g net of fibre and increase the fat and protein
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    don't do diets. they don't work, long term. make a committment to eat in a way you can do, forever, and be happy with.
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You haven't said anything about what your current stats are... Not enough information.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Looks like carbs are 45% or so … some people will tell you this is too much, but it depends on your goals, not everyone needs really low carbs.

I think it looks like a pretty good day. I would vary your options day by day (I get bored WAY too easily! :laugh:) and, personally, would have a bit more fruit. And I would probably go for some other grains besides rice … whole wheat bread, maybe, instead of the rice cakes (you could have 1 slice of bread with a pat of butter for ~200 calories, less butter if you need fewer calories).
  • davidparker12
    Options
    Too much carb, try and drop it to 100g net of fibre and increase the fat and protein
    to much carb... you need 150g of carbs for your brain to function properly.. no offense but idiots like you who say low carb are just ****ing dumb as ****.. how can you live a happy life eating no carbs? **** for long term effects and body composition. every bodybuilder/fitness/personal trainer would recommend for cutting 500-750calorie deficit, 1.5g protein per kg of LBM, 0.4-0.5g of fat per pound of body weight, left over calories all from carbs, 'carbs' CARBS, C-A-R-B-S.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    to much carb... you need 150g of carbs for your brain to function properly.. no offense but idiots like you who say low carb are just ****ing dumb as ****.. how can you live a happy life eating no carbs? **** for long term effects and body composition. every bodybuilder/fitness/personal trainer would recommend for cutting 500-750calorie deficit, 1.5g protein per kg of LBM, 0.4-0.5g of fat per pound of body weight, left over calories all from carbs, 'carbs' CARBS, C-A-R-B-S.

Apparently you know all the answers, so why the H are you asking the "idiots" here on MFP?
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    And where is the science to support that we need 150g of carbs per day for the brain to function? That's a lot of bs. I take in no more than 50 net carbs a day and my brain works just fine and the weight is coming off. Your diet is too heavy in carbs.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight then it's working and great. Eat the amount of fat, protein, and carbs that works for you. That said, you're not likely to get my help if you come out swinging when someone disagrees with your eating plan especially when you title your topic "new diet, need your guys opinions". The opinions won't always agree with you.