YMCA Body pump class

Options
Any suggestions for the best way to log a body pump class?

Replies

• skarlettgerbra
    Options
    Exactly what I have been trying to figure out for the last 10 minutes. I also struggling with how to log boot camp?!
    Suggestions/ answers please!!
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I saw where someone suggested going under cardio in the exercise section and typing in strength training that way
    It will allow you to put how many minutes your class was and it will give you a calorie estimate but I have no idea how accurate, if at all, that calorie estimate is.
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did a couple of Pump classes before my gym membership ran out. I had a HRM at the time, and in a 90 minute class, I burned 700 odd calories. However, this was right at the beginning of my training so I was still quite unfit, and my heartrate was probably elevated from that which could skew the predicted calorie burn.

But it was quite an aerobic pump class, with lots of loud music and doing rapid movements. Not sure if all Pump classes are created equally.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Under the exercise tab, click "my exercises" and you can enter the info there if you know the cals burned from a HRM

If you dont know the cals burned it will be hard to tell. Something that will be personal to each person.

MFP is notorious for overestimating cals burned so I use a HRM.

Or pick circuit training as that will be something closer since you are doing exercises and cardio sort of at the same time.