Everyday is a new day?

Options
This question may sou d silly but if i dont go to the gym today, the calories i consume today will be kept for tomorrow too?
I mean, if i consume 2000 today and other 2000 tomorrow i will have consumed 4000 by the Friday? Or the 2000 i consumed today will be eliminated by tomorrow?

Replies

• Harmony2376
    Harmony2376 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day for your calorie target. Remember its just that, a target amount of calories. If you stick to the target, you should achieve the goal that you have set.
    If you don't go to the gym you might not achieve your weight loss target. But don't beat yourself up over it, tomorrow is a new day :happy:
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If your calorie goal is 2000 a day over 7 days you'd consume 14,000 calories. That should happen regardless of whether you go to the gym or not. Or is your 2000 calorie goal done TDEE style where you've figured your workouts in?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you consume 2,000 today and your body burns 2,000 today then you start fresh tomorrow. If you eat 2,000 today and burn 1,500 then you've stockpiled 500 calories. Keep doing that for 7 days and you weigh a pound more. Calories are only eliminated by burning them some way.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    If you consume 2,000 today and your body burns 2,000 today then you start fresh tomorrow. If you eat 2,000 today and burn 1,500 then you've stockpiled 500 calories. Keep doing that for 7 days and you weigh a pound more. Calories are only eliminated by burning them some way.

This is the answer that makes sense and can help you lose weight successfully.
  • andresconejo
    Options
    No, my TDEE is 2700! and on days i work out i burn around 750 cals (3 days/week)
    Right now i cansume around 1000 calories/day sometimes even 800 or 900, i want to maintain my weight and build muscle
  • herblackwings39
    Options
    No, my TDEE is 2700! and on days i work out i burn around 750 cals (3 days/week)
    Right now i cansume around 1000 calories/day sometimes even 800 or 900, i want to maintain my weight and build muscle

...yeah...okay...
  • andresconejo
    Options

...yeah...okay...

LOL i know that's a VERY low calorie intake, but i realized it also is starvation mode, but if i want to maintain my weight i have to consume my TDEE, right?
  • herblackwings39
    Options

...yeah...okay...

LOL i know that's a VERY low calorie intake, but i realized it also is starvation mode, but if i want to maintain my weight i have to consume my TDEE, right?

Yes, to maintain you'd need to be eating at or around 2700 calories. I can't comment on "starvation mode" though. My understanding of gaining muscle mass is that you need to be eating above maintenance. Maybe check out one of the lifting groups for more specific information.
  • andresconejo
    Options
    Ok thanks!