Am I getting enough protein?

Options
I have my macros set for 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein. Over the past few weeks, (as shown on the graph on the Android app), I am coming in closer to 40% carbs, 40% fat, and 20% protein. I still average around 100g+ a day of protein. So am I getting enough or not? Here are my stats... 5'7", SW 285.8, CW 244.4, UGW 140?. I work out typically 6 days a week. I do a full body lifting routine 3 days a week. I am building up to being able to start Stronglifts 5X5. I still have to master the dead lift and barbell row. I walk on a track 3-4 days a week (weather permitting) anywhere from 1-2 miles depending on how my ankles are holding up. They tend to get really tight and start to hurt when I walk the track. I also do HIIT on the elliptical and stationary bike on non-lifting days. I usually take one day a week when I don't work out at all. I have been at this since the end of February, and I feel like I am making good progress. I am just concerned that I'm not getting enough protein. If I'm not, what else can I do? I already eat 2 eggs and meat every morning for breakfast. Lunch varies, especially now that I'm not working. There is always some kind of meat with dinner. I have a protein smoothie after every lifting session, and sometimes on non-lifting days. If anyone could just take a quick look and make some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1g of protein per Lean Mass is what I always see (my intake based on my current goals is about 220g protein a day, my liver is healthy so I am not worried incase someone sees this and questions it lol)

My UGW is also 140...lowest calc I have seen for protein is 140g, highest is 224g
    Scooby says about 215, http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Lean protein:
    Egg whites (I eat 6-8 for breakfast)
    Tuna (I suck it up and eat it straight not trying to add extra calories)
    Protein shake...the smoothie may be adding to many simple carbs
    Grilled/boiled/baked chicken breast/ground chicken
    Grilled/boiled/baked Pork loin
    Grilled/boiled/baked turkey breast ground turkey

Hope that helps :)