Not eating enough calories

Options
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I have been tracking my food while i am cutting. I dont want to lose much more weight as i am already at about 174 lbs at about 6ft 2 in. I just want to lose this body fat. Everything was going good to lose all this weight. now, i am keeping my carbs between 50-60 net carbs(as in i subtract my daily intake of fiber from the carbs i intake.). I take in about 1-1.5 grams of protein a day, i take in only good fats(i.e flax seed, natural peanut butter, olive oil, etc) I watch my sodium and sugar too. I just always seem to be between 500-1000) calories short of my daily requirement which is about 2530. how can i take in more needed calories without the risk of taking in too many carbs or too much more protein? Here is my diary for today. You can look at the other days too. I may have missed a couple of small portions of food(i.e a handful of peanuts or half a tablespoon of natural peanut butter) on some of the days. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Zraigy7

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That is a clean diary! You've already got protein shakes. Your protein looks awesome, I just think that you really do need to add more carbs. You could add brown rice to your lunch, quinoa to your dinner (though that will increase your protein a little). How about some fruit and veggies? You only have the one serving at lunch that I can see. Why are you focusing on keeping your carbs so low? Also, you can change your ratios by going to "MY HOME" and goals. Click change goals and custom and then you can set your ratio to have the amount of protein, carbs, and fat that you want.

Eating is not going to burn away body fat, only good ole exercise will. So, what are you doing to exercise? Yes, it will increase your need for calories, but that is where adding some more carbs will come in handy and will also give you energy so you're not bonking during your workouts. I would truly suffer if my carb intake were that low. Even at 30% of my calories, I have a hard time exercising.

Lisa
  • Zraigy7
    Zraigy7 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am cutting my carbs so much so i can cut. Also, i exercise 2 times a week in the afternoons and once during school during the week. I also workout a few times in the morning before school.
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    try pea protein and u can get mega calories from whole grain pasta and add more fiber with fiber powder, it has 15 calories per teaspoon and u can eat lots of pasta and fiber powder
  • Zraigy7
    Zraigy7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Well tonight while at work i ruined my diet. It was my cheat day so i decided to eat an ice cream sandwich and a snickers bar. They are very unhealthy choices, but i am jumping right back on the wagon tomorrow!