I'm 21 years old, My name is Ashley

Options
I am 21 years old, and very tired of being the big girlfriend of the group. Growing up I was never able to steal my friends clothes. They would have fit my thigh maybe. I know that by no means am I going to be a size 2, but i do not want to be a size 17 anymore. I want to beable to walk into a clothing store and not have to worry if their clothes are going to fit me or not. Not only that I want a healthier life. Because when I do have kids I dont want them to overweight like the rest of America. I want my child to know what is healthy and what isn't. I'm ready for a new me. Anyone got any advice?

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    That attitude, the one you have right now, hang onto it tightly! There will be good times and bad times but you have made the first step!

Welcome aboard!
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The biggest tip I can give you is whatever you do DO NOT GIVE UP. I was a size 17 3 months ago and now I am a size 12. Still have a long way to go to reach my goal but I feel fabulous. No one said this was going to be easy . Even if you have a cheat meal or break your diet one day. Start again tomorrow. The worst thing you can do is give up on your goals. :smile:
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track. Fill out the info and use the tools here its easier than you think. My wife and I are bigger my daughter is in great shape she loves swimming. She is my inspiration to lose. its what you teach them we are proof of that. We are all here for you. good luck
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! We have similar stories, I am 20 years old and have always been the bigger girl in my group of friends. But I just said I need to do this I have tried to "diet" before but didn't really try I just changed a few little things. And I started on MFP on 1/20 of this year as 285 and now I am down to about 250 so I have lost about 35 pounds in about 5 months. Really what I did is log everything I ate on here. Get a food scale (I treated myself to one when I lost 10 pounds). Log everything there is no "free" food if you want to see a change. Also workout as much as you can I did DVD at home at first now I go to the gym about 4-5 days a week. Just stay with it. Feel free to message me with any questions!
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!!! That is your first big step in the right direction. I was the same. All my friends were smaller than me. But I am ready for a change. Its not going to be easy but with motivation and support from MFP we can do this!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!