1200 calorie but cannot remain within the Sugar

Options
I am pretty new to Myfitness pal and I do 1200 calories the days I don't work out and max 1500 the days I do (I burn 500 calories minimum when I do)and at times I do have a slight deficit. I am losing weight slowly as I weigh 112 and need 6-7 lbs loss (1lb a week). My issue is I do eat Fruits but Just 1 apple and a small cup of pineapple counts for over 26 gms of sugar which I am allowed. Daily my sugar is almost 10 gms more although my intake is less that 1200 calories. Any of you in the same situation where yur net intake is within 1200 but the sugar is way over the limit ?

Replies

• lynnsf
    lynnsf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know, I screwed up breakfast. I had oatmeal with 2% milk and a banana. I've exceeded my sugar allowance by 8 grams for the day. I'm a vegetarian . I've been looking but there are few vegetarian foods that don't have a few grams of sugar. even vegetables for a salad. My calories are okay, but I guess I'm done eating for today. I'll do better planning tomorrow.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq

gives you some options and background re sugar limits.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about it if your sugars are coming from having 1-2 servings of fruits per day. There's nothing wrong with that.