Eating Healthy Can Be Affordable!

Options
So...I decided that I would check grocery sales ads today and noticed how much healthy food is on sale this week. Organic foods, natural foods, produce, and good "organically-fed" meat all included. Also, I found some great coupons to add to my store card to add even more to my savings (great prices when combined with the sales).

For those who think they can't eat healthy for an affordable price, my advice is to try "coupon matching" like this and you can find that eating healthy isn't expensive. Yes, it takes a little time and research, but is really worth it once you get the hang of it and learn how to get the best out of your budget.

If anyone wants a little help, feel free to friend me and shoot me a message :)

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    So...I decided that I would check grocery sales ads today and noticed how much healthy food is on sale this week. Organic foods, natural foods, produce, and good "organically-fed" meat all included. Also, I found some great coupons to add to my store card to add even more to my savings (great prices when combined with the sales).

For those who think they can't eat healthy for an affordable price, my advice is to try "coupon matching" like this and you can find that eating healthy isn't expensive. Yes, it takes a little time and research, but is really worth it once you get the hang of it and learn how to get the best out of your budget.

If anyone wants a little help, feel free to friend me and shoot me a message :)

That's a good point if you live somewhere with a large grocery store that does price matching or double coupons that can be used on meat and produce. I honestly think a lot of whether or not it's affordable depends on where you live and what you have available.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Also check to see if there is a Bountiful Baskets program in your area - www.bountifulbaskets.org. It is a food co-op program and you can get a box of conventional fruits & veggies for $15 or organic for $25! :love:
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well, for me, I have a local Kroger that doesn't double coupons, but still has REALLY good sales/coupons for healthy foods. The amount of time it takes me to plan my shopping trips depends on how big of a haul I decide to go with. Tomorrow's haul will be to supplement what I already have at home and for that, I will probably take a good couple of hours to get the trip planned.