Decoding Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou:

They may not have the low-fat italian dressing in the bottles they squirt on the subs.

BUT they do have it available in a seperate small foil pkg that they give to customers
    who buy take-out salads.

So I get my sub...whatever kind loaded with veggies and they GIVE me the dressing pkg for free.

You just gotta ask.

You are officially in the know. :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love Subway but unlike most... sometimes a 6" just doesn't fill me up - and I never get chips or extras.. I LOVE the foot long chicken breast sandwiches - I get them with all the veggies, mustard, and sweet onion sauce -- THEN - I open the sandwich and eat just the meat and veggies -- like a salad -- the bread is the bowl and I toss it. Sometimes I'll have just a bit, but the meat and all the veggies is what fills me up.

I used to get the chicken breast salad, but for $7 - one piece of chicken and not a lot of salad, I opted for the cheaper $5 version of the salad.... get the sub and make your own.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea!!! I will do that in my next visit. :flowerforyou:

But wait, how do you log it in??? :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don;t like sauces at all so I'm usually pretty good calorie wise at subway. I go for the 6 inch roasted chicken with cheddar, lettuce, tomato and green peppers, toasted, on wheat bread. Most things at subway aren't too bad as long as you're careful.

ps- those cookies are the devil! THEY ARE SOOOOO GOOD! Unfortunately I think they have around 250 cals EACH yikes.:laugh: :laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    David I think you did great. If that lite mayo is your biggest "sin" today, you're going to do very well.

Keep it up.
  • RunFasterMommy
    Options
    I love Subway but unlike most... sometimes a 6" just doesn't fill me up - and I never get chips or extras.. I LOVE the foot long chicken breast sandwiches - I get them with all the veggies, mustard, and sweet onion sauce -- THEN - I open the sandwich and eat just the meat and veggies -- like a salad -- the bread is the bowl and I toss it. Sometimes I'll have just a bit, but the meat and all the veggies is what fills me up.

I used to get the chicken breast salad, but for $7 - one piece of chicken and not a lot of salad, I opted for the cheaper $5 version of the salad.... get the sub and make your own.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea!!! I will do that in my next visit. :flowerforyou:

But wait, how do you log it in??? :tongue:

Do this:

Enter a 12" Chicken breast sandwich -- then log in -2 servings of italian bread -- that will take the bread off of the meal. It will look like this:

Subway - Italian Bread, 12 inch -400 -76 -4 -14
    Subway - Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, 12 " sub 620 96 10 48
    Totals 220 20 6 34

So it's 220 cals for the meat and the veggies -- you've taken off 400 cals of bread.

Hope that helps!