Anyone out there know of a good ab workout?

Options
I been thinking about my overall health and I would like to work on my abs as part of my exercise during the week. Has anyone come across a good program or know of a great way to work the abs for someone that does not have tons of time for exercising? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also feel free to send me a friend invite if you want to. Thanks.

Jason Powell

Replies

• lma0423
    lma0423 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    prone jackknife on a swiss ball!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Check out Zuzanna at BodyRock.tv she has two new ab routines up right now. Plus she has old archives... they will work you out!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It's a little lame, but 8 minute abs is pretty good, and it's also up on youtube for free which is nice!
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    Ab Ripper X is great! I love it. It is part of the P90X pack
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    well,
    whenever you find time to do this:

do the air bike (3 sets) - lie on your back and pretend to bike in the air with your knees bent and hands behind ears. Bring your right elbow to your left knee and your left elbow to your right knee....all in a bicycling motion...try for 3 reps, and everyday try to outdo your previous days reps

the plank (3 sets) - your whole body is parallel to the ground, and your feet and your elbows/arms are keeping you up...and you just hold that position...back straight...and everything for about 30 seconds to begin with...if you can do more..great...but again just work yourself up to what you can stand....but make sure you always feel the burn before you quit...:)

and this other one you can do while your walking somehwere or at your job or something...
    basically just take a big deep breath...and slowly exhale it...at the same time....try to push your belly button in to your spine..and hold it.

these 3 workouts are fairly easy and simple...and they get the job done.
    :)
  • jasonsplan
    Options
    Thanks for the posts everyone! I will look into these suggestions.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Ab ripper X. It's a part of the P90X program, which is an awesome program I must add.