meh. =( i feel horrible...

Options
so i did really well this last week.... but then last night and today i totally blew it. i ate so much, i can't even record it all, because i don't even remember half of what i ate. it's not even that i wanted the food. even after i felt completely full and sick, i just kept eating. the thoughts that went through my head were like, "well, i already ruined it. i might as well keep eating." it seems like i always do this, and i'm really getting discouraged with myself. =( any words of encouragement???

Replies

• abbytheawesome
    abbytheawesome Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    so i did really well this last week.... but then last night and today i totally blew it. i ate so much, i can't even record it all, because i don't even remember half of what i ate. it's not even that i wanted the food. even after i felt completely full and sick, i just kept eating. the thoughts that went through my head were like, "well, i already ruined it. i might as well keep eating." it seems like i always do this, and i'm really getting discouraged with myself. =( any words of encouragement???
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Oh my do I know your pain. You can do this though. One step at a time. I have found myself doing this as well. The next time you feel like this walk away from the food outside or away from where the food is altogethor and begin doing something. I know that is what I will be doing. WE can beat it. Keep up the good work.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am going to quote the wise Banks on this one:
    "Having a bad day is an error in judgement, but not a concession of defeat"

Everyone has a bad day and slips up (I type this as I just hit the vending machine for a Dr. Pepper to "wake me up" Thankfully, I have some workout calories to burn). :ohwell:
    Next time if you find yourself in this situation ban that sentence "I have already ruined it" from crossing your lips or your mind. And next time you want to mindlessly eat. Chug a whole bunch of water. :drinker: That might stop the snacking before it starts.
    Chin up! You can beat this!

Now, I am going to go find a post that Banks did on Will power and bump that, so keep an eye out for that one!
  • Tiradora
    Tiradora Posts: 14
    Options
    I did that last night! Apparently its what we are supposed/bound to do...i came back today ready to give it another try. I hope you will do the same.

* I figure all i can do is keep trying until i eventually work something out that works...but don't give up! One day isn't gonna kill ya... procrastinating another few days will!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm betting you are an emotional eater, because I have been there, eating until I feel sick and still continuing.

Remember, every day is a new day. Write off yesterday. It happened and you can't change it now. Get back up, dust yourself off, and start over. Today is a new day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • roromclarty
    Options
    geeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! this has been an off n on problem for me for awhile!! eating past the point of gross!!!! one night I ate soooo much taco bell.....then went out for mcdonalds....i binged sooo bad!! I do it every now and then......but when i do it...i feel horrible about myself!! I don't know how to NOT do it....just keep trying...NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!! good luck :)
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    You just said what I have done the past week or two. We had bible school at church last week, all evening 6:30-8:30, so food was readily available to those who passed through the kitchen. So I passed through the kitchen too many times. Just hang in there, there are going to days that this but "slow and steady wins the race" we just may hit a few pot holes on the way to the finish line. :wink:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok. I do this all the time. I mean all the time on the weekends. I always think to myself " I have already ruined it so I might as well keep eating". I also used to try and record every little thing extra I ate on here and that just depressed me more. But, you know what. Sometimes it just feels good to fly off the handle from out diets and binge it. You can't be perfect every single time. You need to cut lose sometimes. Also, if you notice your over eating during a particular day or time..... try to make healthier choices later on. Another thing I have heard is that sometimes the day after you eat alot your body will burn more calories. So, I say don't feel bad about indulging ever now and then. Everyone does. However, once you notice your doing this... just get back to your diet the next time you eat.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I do this all the time, but I always start over the next day.