Healthy Party Foods???

Options
2»

Replies

• KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I feel like having a party just to try all those ideas, yum!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend these brownies:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/10/skinny-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/

I made some substitutions when I made mine and subbed PB2 for the regular peanut butter and cut the sugar down to 3/4 cups (it wasn't missed) or you could use a sugar substitute for even fewer cals, but mine came out to just over 100 cals for a pretty decent sized brownie. They really don't need the peanut butter either, they are so rich!

I second the kale chips idea. There are a lot of fun toppings out there! I also second the shrimp and the spring rolls! Yum!

Hope you have fun.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds yum! Have a great birthday!
  • abrodniak
    abrodniak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...these sound yummy!!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Saving for idea to make for myself!
  • sharingstitches
    sharingstitches Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    not sure about the nutrition info but...here is one I have loved since a child. Budding Beef slice with cream cheese spread on it and then a pickle. Wrap it up and it's like a pickle in a blanket. Slice into bite size pieces. Really it is good and seems as if it would be lower in cals. (although not in salt)
  • rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Healthy fruit dip...
    Chobani Vanilla Greek yogurt
    blend in strawberry Protein Powder (my fav is Syntha-6 Strawberry)

Cut up Strawberries, pineapple, & banana slices with toothpicks to dip into...

You can also make a tray of snacks by using plain mini rice cakes, add a spoon full of dip and top with assorted fruits for a finger snack selection.

Same thing applies for a spicier finger snack, mini rice cakes, add roasted red pepper or jalapeno hummus and top with a drop of race sauce and a jalapeno ring.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I make a version of this using raw beetroot and it's not only really yummy but it's a gorgeous hot pink colour - fab for a girls' party!
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always do this: Greek yoghurt with salt and some pepper, carrot and cucumber slices! and sometimes some cherry tomatos.

Have fun!
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, seriously! These are some wonderful ideas, don't know what I would have done without you guys! :)