I want to get TONED!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've recently joined myfitnesspal to watch my calories and see if I can drop 2kgs.

I am 175cm tall and 63kg - making myself a healthy BMI range.

I was hoping to get down to 60-61kg and really just tone everything up.

I run 5km every day and do a range of weights along with hockey & training.

Can someone please give me some pointers, I really just want to work on my thighs and arms! I want to see abs!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Well I'm an american, so all those measurements you gave sound like chinese to me, but as for some pointers. I'd stop doing 5km of steady state cardio every day. If steady state cardio is done daily, the body adapts to it and you actually burn less calories to compensate for the daily cardio. You can switch to HIIT which the body is not able to adapt to. You should also start lifting weights if you're not already. Get on a starting strength program and make sure your nutrition and macros are in check. Good luck
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have seen great results so far in my thighs and arms doing chalean extreme.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've recently joined myfitnesspal to watch my calories and see if I can drop 2kgs.

I am 175cm tall and 63kg - making myself a healthy BMI range.

I was hoping to get down to 60-61kg and really just tone everything up.

I run 5km every day and do a range of weights along with hockey & training.

Can someone please give me some pointers, I really just want to work on my thighs and arms! I want to see abs!

Are you lifting barbie weights or heavy weights? Get yourself onto a heavy lifting program there's a bunch of women on this site who have had amazing success with it! I've started one myself this week and I still have around 38kg to lose.

Good luck with your journey!
  • jessnkettle
    Options
    Barbie weights, I want to start on heavy weights! I have booked in a PT session to get me started on them I hear it's the best way!
  • jessnkettle
    Options
    Well I'm an american, so all those measurements you gave sound like chinese to me, but as for some pointers. I'd stop doing 5km of steady state cardio every day. If steady state cardio is done daily, the body adapts to it and you actually burn less calories to compensate for the daily cardio. You can switch to HIIT which the body is not able to adapt to. You should also start lifting weights if you're not already. Get on a starting strength program and make sure your nutrition and macros are in check. Good luck

Thanks so much, HIIT today it is!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Barbie weights, I want to start on heavy weights! I have booked in a PT session to get me started on them I hear it's the best way!

You're seeing a PT, which is good. Even if you want to lift heavy you need to learn proper form and breathing and you should do that with lighter weights. You have no idea how your body is going to react. You might have a joint issue that's never been revealed before, for example. Go slow and build up.