NEW - tracking exercise--Jillian Michaels

Options
Hi! I'm new to the site.

I've started tracking my meals which is incredibly eye-opening. I've been working out exclusively with Jillian Michaels DVDS since Feb. and have noticed results; I want to decrease weight - not just tone - so I figured using this site will help me to do so.

Would anyone be able to tell me how best/most accurately to track JM dvds?
I have and do regularly...
Ripped in 30 )L4 most often)
Killer ABS
Killer Buns and Thighs
30 Day Shred

I've been logging it at circuit training 25mins for all which is probably pretty off -- or at least it feels it!! Those workouts are NO JOKE!!

:) Thanks!!

Replies

• jeshhh
    jeshhh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The best you can do is estimate, which you're already doing, unless you get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. It will tell you exactly how long you worked out for and how much you burned. I love my Polar FT4; I got it on Amazon for around $50 and I use it whenever I work out.
  • mariatee28
    Options
    do you need to subscribe to anything with that band?

i'm interested in purchasing one, but the Nike Fitband and the 360 want you on their sites or subscribing.
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think it would be pretty cool to get one of those body metric bands. I log JM workouts as circuit training. I'm the opposite. I thought it was giving me to many calories. SO i just don't eat them all back!
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I started in March and have been doing 30DS as well. Jillian and MFP have helped me lose 40lbs!! I log it as circuit training, but wasn't sure how "close" the estimates in MFP were, so I invested in a Polar FT4 as well. I LOVE it!! And, was pleasantly surprised that my calorie burn from my HRM vs. MFP estimate are usually within 20 calories.

I'm 5'9" and around 180 currently. Of course, my burn has decreased as I've lost weight but that makes sense.
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    I also do the JM 30DS and JM Ripped30 workouts. I was tracking them as circuit training too, until I got a HRM. (Polar FT4. Love it...invest if you can!) When I did the workouts again after using my HRM I noticed the MFP estimates were actually quite accurate. Obviously everybody is different in their workouts, but I thought mine would be more calories burned too. Hope this helps!
  • mariatee28
    Options
    thanks, everyone!!