1 Week in How Do I Find a Group to join for motivation?

Options
45 male who was active and broke my ankle in April. After many weeks non-weight bearing I have begun to walk again but all this inactivity I need to get back in shape. Need to drop 20lbs and return to healthy living. I have been tracking for just over a week but want to learn how to take full advantage of MFP. Any suggestions welcome.

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Add some friends. Poke around the forums. There's a lot of educational information to be found.

How's the ankle doing? I broke mine last year and it's been a long, slow, painful recovery.
  • Dargealing
    Dargealing Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    if your anke can take it, get on a bike and hit the trails. here in WA. we have lots of them and my husband is still having lingering back issues from surgery from back in Oct of last year. But keeping up with the stretching, and moving, and now steady bike riding on pretty flat trails, is great. And even without hardly any activity, he has gained no weight. What is that? but Ankle injuries can be tempremental.. Ouch. I don't envy you. My husbandis still out of work. Can't go back to the plant care and planting work field..hope your deos not affect your employment. Never a good thing. wish you the best, but like the guy below here mentioned seek out those that will give you the support you need.. and do the poking and then keep on making sure to come in every day.. it willallowrk out in the end.. you can do this..
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Started PT and I am walking feels real good but stiff with low ROM. I had a plate and 10 screws put in so I expect it to be a while. Good to at least be able to begin moving and get some exercise tho. Thanks for the advice. Hope you recovery continues as well.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your insight. I hope to get to biking and swimming as they are low impact on my ankle. Very motivated hope it last!
  • Blushae
    Blushae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome, its good to have you . Just take your time and look through all the groups, see what sparks your interest or what you can connect with.
  • tmblastquads
    Options
    I got your back man. We can all keep you in check!
  • ryl217
    ryl217 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I joined a countdown to summer group when I started in January, it had weekly weigh ins and discussions. Really helped to feel accountable. That group just ended, so I found a new one that's 30 week Christmas challenge. It's only in week 4, and it's an open group so join anytime. It's super motivating to see others progress and helped drive me to work harder knowing I was going to be putting my numbers on blast each week.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you want, I log daily and will offer any support I can, good luck w the ankle!