Anyone lost over 150 pounds?

Options
Anyone lost over 150 pounds or know anyone that has lost that much? I would love to see/read about it... I to have alot to lose... I need more encouragement and motivation!.

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    David Smith lost over 400 lbs - http://www.hemmy.net/2007/07/02/david-smith-amazing-weight-lost-story/

Jennette Fulda lost over 200 lbs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svNsaDkMqpQ

Susan Blech lost 250 lbs - http://www.mylifetime.com/lifestyle/health/portrait/she-lost-nearly-250-pounds-without-surgery

There are many others too. Go to YouTube and type in Joy Fit Club and you'll see a lot of people who have lost a lots and lots of weight through diet and exercise.
  • Sonflower
    Options
    I did not loose 150, but I lost 110 before. I wanted to weigh 130 on my 40th birthday and I did just that..I was so skinny that my dr. told me I had to gain back up to at least 140-150...

I lost my brother, best friend, and my grandfather all this year so I have 50 back on, so my goal is to loose 30...I know I can do it , I did it before...
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I did not loose 150, but I lost 110 before. I wanted to weigh 130 on my 40th birthday and I did just that..I was so skinny that my dr. told me I had to gain back up to at least 140-150...

I lost my brother, best friend, and my grandfather all this year so I have 50 back on, so my goal is to loose 30...I know I can do it , I did it before...

If you did it once you definitely have the tools to do it again. Gaining back 50 with so many loses it totally understandable, and that fact that you're working on improving yourself is wonderful! There is no doubt in my mind that you'll reach your goal weight.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Hi
    There's some interesting life stories in this newspaper article that you may find useful/interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/21/life-after-weight-loss-champion-slimmers

Best

thefatman
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Hi
    There's some interesting life stories in this newspaper article that you may find useful/interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/21/life-after-weight-loss-champion-slimmers

Best

thefatman

Nice article! Very inspiring. Thanks, John! :)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 141 lbs total since Sept 1 of last year.
    The biggest factors have been LapBand surgery sept 24th/09
    Attending Overeaters anonymous meetings for over a year and abstaining from junk food, and binge foods Since Sept 1/09. And getting guidance and support with people who have my addiction to food..trying to deal with why I behave around food like I do.
    Being open and honest and receiving only positive energy back.
    Gym with trainer at least once a week and long walks at least 2 more days a week if not more.
    Just complete lifestyle shift really.

I still have about 80lbs to go. But I want to lose 150 by the end of my first year of being banded. (just to use that as a goal date). I have 9lbs to go..and mfp is helping me get there as well.
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    not quite 150 but iv lost 135 give or take a few pounds each week since jan 08, with no help just on my own, would love to lose another 20 but it just isnt happening. it was a lot easier losing that 135 than it is just to lose 1lb now. as long as you want to do it you can :D
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Since March of 2009 I have lost 168 pounds (my ticker still says 167 because I have not been 'Officially' weighed at Curves yet). I did it through Curves, Walking, and modifying my diet. I have dropped ALL Pop, limited White Foods, and made sure that I do something active at least 2 hous a day most days, in the beginning my goal was to be active for 30 minutes 4 days a week. It has gradually increased from there.
    My Lifestyle has changed from Sedentary to Active, and I find that I actually DO crave "Moving" more than I ever imagined that I would.
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have!
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    No.....I Hope To Though!! I Think I'm Well On My Way Already.
  • mdouhan
    mdouhan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not yet but I am closing in on the 100 lbs lost on way down, my goal is to loose 220 lbs total, down from 423 lbs

rgds

M
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello Kristi,

When I was in my late 20 and early 30's I lost 153. This took about 4 years of going to thearphy, exercising almost every day and good eating habits. I did WW, Seattle Sutton, Optifast, diet clinicis, etc, etc. Gradually before I reached 37 I gained it all back and some.

When I was 39 in 2004 I had RNY Gastric Bypass at 580 pounds. Highest weight was 611 and got down to 302 by the end of 2006. I started exercising almost every day again in March of 2005 until 2009 when my knees had a break down.....:-) I can laugh about it now but it was very painful. In 2009 I gained back 50 pounds because I was inactive and then when I was able to exercise again I was frieghtened. So in 2009 I exercised off and on. I only stopped for 2 or 3 weeks all together but I was not consistent enough with exercise to make a difference, plus my eating was off the chain off and on also.

Anyway I still kept off over 200 pounds and I am going to reach my goals of losing the next 150 pounds. We just have to want it bad enough and not give up on ourselves. Now I know that is the problem and reason for regain. We give up or life happens and instead of thinking all is lost we just throw up our hands and keep up or restart our destructive habits.

I now do Overeaters Anoymous on line and face to face, go to WLS support groups, and I have the awesome MFP members and friends to help me thru this journey. Even with all of the support I am still the person to make the day to day decisions to enrich my life and meet the goals I have set for myself. I am going to do whatever it takes to get the next 150 off. You can too, one day at a time. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost over 170lbs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ogz8pjtS1c :) thats my video. I won 1k in a beachbody transformation contest. I know its tiny, but my profile picture is a poster of my success, its up in their office in cali.
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    Wow Gratz to you all. I had a 100lbs to lose( now only 90 ) and you all inspire me that if you can do this I can too :) Thanks!!
  • beth2411
    beth2411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi, i too have a lot to lose aound 154 pounds. I have seen people on here losing huge amounts so with my finess pal and hard work i am sure we will both reach our goal.
    GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou: beth
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    NOt yet, but my 1st goal is to loose 150 lbs. I have almost lost 70 now, almost to that 1/2 way mark. It can be done, it is a bit overwhelming, but just take 1 day at a time. Set smaller goals..so that big number doesn't seem so daunting.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    In another few months I will have :-). Close-ish now.
  • cheerio99654
    Options
    I have it took me three years of slow and steady loss. It can be done!!! DONT give up!!! I am having a heard time finding others who have lost the weight by diet and exersize only.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!