My body doesn't want to lose anymore?!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm 9 months into this and I've lost a total of 50lbs but I've noticed that my body is kind of "used" to whatever I throw at it and I'm now maintaining my weight.. I still want to lose another 50 but I've been stuck at this stand still for the past month almost! Please help and give me suggestions! I don't have a gym membership yet so all my workouts have to be done at home!

(PS: feel free to add me, my friends list is low and I could use more encouraging posts on my timeline!)

Replies

• JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    How often do you change up your workouts, and how many calories do you consume? If you don't change your workouts your body gets used to it and if you don't eat enough your body won't let go of the weight easily.
  • amandalynk
    amandalynk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the "Biggest Loser Last Chance" DVD which is a different workout 6 days a week, but I'll normally do every other day of a video or my C25K app which is running/walking intervals.. I guess I should just start doing the videos everyday with the run, maybe that'll help a little..
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would change up things...change your workouts....try some HIIT...try a different gym class...try some different foods...eat at maintenance for a week then drop back...try a high carb day....theres lots of different things you could tru
  • msleen12
    msleen12 Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! I've been reading a lot about people having success with the TDEE -% method. Maybe you want to give that a shot?
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the "Biggest Loser Last Chance" DVD which is a different workout 6 days a week, but I'll normally do every other day of a video or my C25K app which is running/walking intervals.. I guess I should just start doing the videos everyday with the run, maybe that'll help a little..

It could help out for a little while. Just know thats theres such thing as too much exercise. Not to say that youre exercising too much, but you can get sucked into too much exercise while trying to lose weight when really youre just tearing the body up. Rest days are very important to. Without rest days your body cant repair itself from the impact you put it through. I would suggest you lookin into resistance training and cut back on the cardio a little bit. You don't need weights or gym memberships, your body weight can be used to your advantage. I'm a poor girl myself, and resistance training has helped me as far as dropping body fat percentage and losing inches.
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Totally agreed on switching up workouts. Our bodies are quite efficient. I wouldn't necessarily do MORE in one day, I would try to find something you haven't done yet. Zumba, pilates, yoga, strength training, kick-boxing...you get the idea :) Also, have you recalculated your intake? With a huge loss of 50 pounds, I'm willing to bet your calorie intake should be adjusted.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

This website helped me out a lot! I hit a plateau for a couple months...turns out I was off on my calculations in the beginning.

I hope this helps. Congrats and good luck :)
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Increase cardio and or decrease calories. Play around with your macro ratio to determine how your body reacts. High protein, moderate carb and low fat usualy works best for a cut.