New here, wish me luck!

Options
Cerot
Cerot Posts: 3 Member
Hey all,
Well I guess I should do an introduction! My name is Brandon and I am 26 years old. Since I was about 18 I've weighed around 280lbs, but always told myself I could never really lose much weight since I'm 6'4 and it's probably normal. Well I think I've faced that its not normal when, after going on a hike with a friend of mine on May 26, I was utterly winded after the first little hill. I bought a scale that day and found I weighed 301 lbs. Hadn't weighed myself since I was 18 so it came as a bit of a shock. I joined up here that night and started recording what I was eating (I am not good at keeping up with the recording, but I'm eating pretty much what I had the previous couple of weeks so it's not changing much), and going on hour long speed walks every day. Cutting myself down to 1500 calories a day, and against all odds I'm finding that I'm enjoying the healthier foods more than I enjoyed my previous canned ravioli and frozen pizza diet haha! Anyways since the 26th I've lost 10 lbs, I realize you usually lose about that right away and then it slows down but damn was I thrilled to lose the first 10, and hoping for many more.

Replies

• lyneras
    lyneras Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you all the best in your journey! :)
  • underarms
    underarms Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is amazing! Congrats and good luck on the rest of the journey!
  • anabelsmummy123
    anabelsmummy123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    well done so far and good luck...once youve started its not so difficult to keep it up...making informed choices and thinking about health and the results is made much more easy with this site!!
  • J2mazou
    J2mazou Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 10lb weight loss!
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    Well done! And good luck..
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Well done.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    good luck and godspeed
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you - it's a long journey with many learning curves, plateaus and pitfalls. Just keep going, be good to yourself and well done on the 10lb loss - that's a great result.

Here's a link to the Hairy Dieters (BBC programme 'The Hairy Bikers' - they made low-cal recipes of favourite meals) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/p00vq8c6

I wish you the very best of luck!
  • Cerot
    Cerot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I stopped tracking my calories and exercise for a couple of months, and found I stayed at the same weight as when I stopped tracking, so I've since started up again. I've been trying to stay at 12-1400 calories per day (which is a bit low, but I feel very full so I don't think I could even eat more if I tried). I am also forcing myself to go on fast walks/jogs every night, I try to do at least 6km every night, exceptions being one 20km and 2 10km on sunday and monday/tuesday respectively. Down 22lbs so far, I don't really know how but in the last week I went from 283 to 278. Not complaining though!