Put weight on

Options
I have been watching my intake vigourously. I have not been over my aloted calories and I weighed myself today and I put on 3 pounds wth? I am so confused what am I doing wrong? Why did I put on weight?

Replies

• mhxander25
    Options
    Muscle is and always has been denser than fat. When you start a weight regiment that will happen. Also how many times a day are you eating and what of?
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    You may already be doing this but make sure you are weighing at the same time of day wearing the same clothing. I usually weight first thing of the morning when I get out of bed before I have had anything to eat or drink. No matter what, just hang in there and don't give up!! The way I look at, if you are making better choices then you have to be healthier which is great!!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking sodium? Your would be surprised how many things have sodium. Could just been water retention. Just be sure to drink plenty of water. Sodas are full of sodium even if you drink diet. You save calories but it still has sodium.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium, not enough water?

Time of the month?

lots of exercise? sometimes does it for me.
  • jjwoods
    jjwoods Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem!!! I've put on 5 pounds in the last week and a half!!! I know I haven't made the best food choices, but I'm working out like crazy- I've run over 90 miles in 2 weeks)! Don't really understand it, it's very frustrating. Need to eat more salads and drink lots of water......
  • carriew776
    Options
    I agree with the other posts. Weigh in the morning, after going to the bathroom and before you eat or drink anything. Muscle does make a huge difference if you are working out. And don't forget we women like to retain water at times! If you get frustrated with the scale . . quit weighing yourself and go by how your clothes are fitting. Then just weigh yourself once a month after your cycle or something :-)
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Water, water, water!! I'm always amazed at how the scale reacts to mild dehydration for me (and it's far easier than you might think to get dehydrated!) And are you eating all of your calories? Even if you don't eat your exercise calories, you should be sure to get your allocated calories - so say you have 1200 + 400 for exercise, be sure to at least eat your 1200.