To Hydroxycut, or Not To Hydroxycut

Options
13»

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a quick fix. Work your butt off for the body you want!

This
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It's not about being rude, it's about pointing the obvious. All the things you are mentioning are supplements which are not an essential part of a diet. Also telling people what they want to hear if what they want to hear may harm their health is not being supportive.

Unless you are pregnant or suffer from an actual measured deficiency you do not need supplements, why torture yourself and your digestive system taking things which are not necessary?

Are you a professional athlete?

It's the only reason I could find for improving performance beyond what your body is naturally capable being perceived as important enough that you need to put yourself through serious discomfort and maybe even impair absorption of the nutrient you get through your food.

And this too^
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Don't take pills - there's your magic answer!

People get overweight and out of shape from years of neglect and think they can turn it around in a month. That is the fairy tale all the pill companies try to sell.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Tried it awhile back. The caffeine free version and it was horrible. Made me sick, couldn't sleep and it didn't help with anything.

Stopped taking it.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Nope. Personally, there is nothing I will ever put in my body that will cause me to not feel well, and I know that this is something that will do that to me.

Also, long ago I gave up on taking pills, starving myself and all the little tricks that some do, because I know that I'm not going to be doing that for the rest of my life, and the weight will just come back.

I suggest you stop taking this stuff and just eat right and exercise. It'll take longer, but at least you'll feel good!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

People get overweight and out of shape from years of neglect and think they can turn it around in a month. That is the fairy tale all the pill companies try to sell.

You both must have missed the part where she said she worked out and ate right. The OP clearly knows that these pills are not a magic bullet, they're just supplements.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Don't give a supplement the power. It is YOU achieving the weight loss, not some pill.

I think this is the most awesome thing I have ever read!! :flowerforyou:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    why would you take something that makes you feel like crap? :noway:
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I took the stuff a couple years ago (and a variety of other fast fix pills), i did not get sick from it, but it still was not good to take because i still did not feel good... the diet pills are designed to give you a false feeling of energy so you work harder when you exercise. Its just like drinking 30 cups of coffee a day. Neither is good for you. I understand the desperation that drives a person to diet pills hoping for a jump start and seeing fast results, that's why these companies make so much money. There's no doubt you will see a few pounds lost but what happens when you stop taking the pills? You are better off putting more focus on the food you eat and the exercise you do. Trust me take the time to make long term changes rather than quick fixes, you will thank yourself in the long run :):flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Problem is; It makes me feel like $h!t when I'm on it. Like actually ill enough that I sometimes have to lie down for a bit!

Sounds lovely. Of course I'd keep taking something that makes me feel like *kitten*! :huh:
  • SteviePaige
    Options

You both must have missed the part where she said she worked out and ate right. The OP clearly knows that these pills are not a magic bullet, they're just supplements.

THANK YOU for noticing this part! :):) It seems everyone else missed it. I found that when I take HyroxyCut + Eating well + Working out, my weight loss is more significant than just eating well and exercising alone. (Its not like i sit on my butt and expect the pill to just do the work for me).
  • SteviePaige
    Options
    Don't give a supplement the power. It is YOU achieving the weight loss, not some pill.

I think this is the most awesome thing I have ever read!! :flowerforyou:

Agreed, this was very inspiring! :) Thanks ;)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow this stuff sounds horrible, should be illegal, but I guess I used to smoke and that's just as bad, but immediate illness, you should never put that in your body again, one day it may lead to something more tragic. Do not do it. I drink black coffee and it gives me energy. Take care of yourself, these companies do not tell you the whole truth.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Crutch!! What are you going to do later? Keep taking them. No. Lifestyle change!!!!! Health!! Wellness!! As an older person taking care of an even older person I see the benefit of strength and wellness- not chemicals to sustain.
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!

As a crazy teenage I wanted so desperately to lose weight that I tried all sorts of diet pills including hydroxycut... which happened to be my favorite. I did this until I was 24, ended up morbidly obese from the yo-yo'ing and with a PERMANENT CARDIAC ARRYTHMIA.

NOT WORTH IT.

Eat healthy and in moderation, exercise regularly, be as active as you can during your normal day and BE HAPPY :o)

I really truly had to relearn how to just be happy as all of those "pills" and "shakes" and "gum" and "appetite suppressants" only provide short term highs and then... BOOM... back to square one.