Weight Gain

Options
I weigh myself everyday. Just so I can see and notice tiny fluctuations when I maybe eat certain foods and such. I had a little over, I think, 100 calories left for the day yesterday plus I exercised 5 minutes longer than usual. So, I was shocked when I got on the scales and had gained .2 lbs. Is this a big deal? Does it happen to anybody else? You are sure you will lose and then you gain a little. If I remember right though, when I used to be on weight watchers we weighed in weekly. One week I would lose and then the next week I would either stay the same or gain just a tiny bit, then the next week I would lose that plus some. I've only been using myfitnesspal since Monday. But wondered what everybody else's experiences were like with this.

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Yes, normal. A person's weight will fluctuate daily, water weight, inflammation, constipation can look like gains. Using the once a week weigh in for tracking is a good plan. I still weigh everyday (most times) just to make sure I am not trending up, but use one day a week for logging.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My weight can fluctuate 3-5 pounds per day. It depends on what my workout the day before was like, how much sodium I've had, TOM, etc. It never hangs around for long. If you're going to weigh yourself everyday you need to not get stressed out by it or too concerned because if you do you'd be better off weighing less often. I weigh often but I only record my weight every 6-8 weeks. As long as I'm down (or the same) every 6-8weeks I don't care what the daily scale says. I'm also trying to lose body fat not just weight so I don't take the scale as serious as I used to. I go by how I look and feel.

Good luck!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    0.2 pounds. You could have had an extra glass of water or something... don't be looking into it so much!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    That's so funny, the perfect response thread to this happens to be up right now :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1023495-confuse-over-daily-weigh-ins-use-the-moving-average

And yes, it is normal... maybe you had something higher in sodium and held on to a bit of water weight?

Something to note as well is that your weight will fluctuate at different times of the day. So if you weigh yourself in the morning you'll be different by evening (based on foods you eat, I'm guessing). Try to keep when you weigh yourself to the same time each day... I usually do it in the morning after using the bathroom.
  • LinderLou2000
    LinderLou2000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ALL of these posts have been so helpful! Thanks so much everybody! :happy: