seems it was a slow go and now a no go.

Options
I work out 6 days a week and have an average 500 calorie burn each workout based on my polar heart rate monitor.
I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1350 calories a day, not deducting my workout calories. I was losing about 1 to 1.5 bls a week since I started being more accountable for my calorie intake. Yet for the past 1.5 weeks, I have lost nothing. I have 15 bls to go to reach my goal weight. It seems such a slow process and now nothing. It seems way too early to hit a wall since it has been only a 8.5 lb lost since the end of April. I read labels and account for the calories and measure and weight my food so my food diary should be close to being right. I eat fruits and veggies and very little processed food. Any suggestions to ramp this up?

Replies

• Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    15 lbs to GW? And you wanna lose 1.5lbs a week?

Nada. Weight loss slows down as you get closer to GW. Try half a pound a week and see where it get ya.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    8.5lbs lost since the end of April?! That is pretty darn great if you ask me! I would look at the whole picture. Follow your diet and exercise regime and don't weigh yourself for a few weeks at least. I bet if you get on the scale in a few weeks you will be happy. Add more protein and maybe switch up your workout for a little variety! If you are doing what you need to be doing focus on that and not the scale... my scale recently broke and I think it is a bit of a blessing because I was paying WAY to close attention to it! Not seeing the scale move makes it really easy to get discouraged and give up on my diet and work-outs.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yeah... my last 10 were torture. It was incredibly difficult to keep hitting 1.5 a week once I got down close to my goal weight. Just readjust your expectations and keep working at it. It will happen. The last ten are the WORST but it feels so good once they are gone.