A couple of questions........

Options
I am having a hard time really getting motivated and digging in. I have a couple of questions for people who are doing well with the weight loss/and or those who have reached/exceeded their goals. Please feel free to say more, here goes:

1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight?

2. What was your activity level before?

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both?

4. When did it really click for you?

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far?

6. How do you keep yourself motivated?

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size)

Replies

• princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump,

Nobody................?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? Photo hubby took that I didnt know about till I saw it at home. I broke down & cried, that was Feb 7th 2012. I started working out daily & eating right on the 8th Feb 2012.

2. What was your activity level before? Not a damn thing. I hated exercise in any form.

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both? YouTube, walk at home, Zumba, Running, walking everwhere, resistance training. Tried a gym...hated every moment.

4. When did it really click for you? 8th Feb 2012. The day I started.

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? Being able to run 10km without stopping once. Had taken me about 3 weeks from running nothing to running that. Other than that..... getting into a size 10 (Australian size) pair of skinny jeans about 3 weeks ago.

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? I'm never getting fat or unfit again. I workout daily even when sick & never take a day off or have a cheat day. I'll break a habit just as fast as I can make one. If I don't keep going each day I know I will stop.

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size) 60kg right now.....goal weight was 65kg. I want to get to 55kg at least though. Size I am not fussed about...10 is perfect for me. Body fat %..... meh... not really into that at all.
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options

I was always consistently around 196 - 208 lbs (at 5' 6" this was overweight, but I carried my weight well, so I was relatively happy with my figure). But in my last couple of years at University I started to spiral out of control, fell into a deep depression and suffered from agoraphobia. I neglected my health completely and my weight shot up to 268 lbs. I wasn't used to carrying so much extra weight (considering how quickly I'd put it on) so my body just couldn't cope. I would get chest pains daily, I could barely walk without breaking a sweat and being out of breath and I was terrified of leaving the house. When I moved back home after University I carried on this horrible lifestyle for a while, then realised that I was probably going to end up dead if I kept on going. I'm only 24, and that thought was the wake up call I needed.

When I was smaller I was fairly active, however when I reached my heaviest I had literally been doing NOTHING for about 2 years. I would sleep a lot, barely walk anywhere and did NO exercise whatsoever . I used to class walking up the stairs as a workout :/
    3.Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both?

Now that I'm living a healthy lifestyle I have a gym membership. I've just finished my second block of personal training sessions and will be going back when I can afford it! I go to the gym at least once a week, play badminton once a week and do kettlebell circuits once a week. It's not a huge amount of exercise, but it's far more than I was doing before and my fitness has sky rocketed! :D I do have a few dvds that I occasionally do - 30 Day Shred, a Davina McCall one and some dance-y one that I don't know the name of! But to be honest, I made significant changes to my weight through diet alone. The exercise is now something that I genuinely want to do to boost my weightloss and become fitter.
    4.When did it really click for you?

I'd kinda been half-heartedly losing a bit of weight when I had the whole 'I'm going to die' epiphany... but it only really clicked for me when I'd lost about a stone and I saw pictures of me on a night out and I realised I was still HUGE! I couldn't believe it was me, and I was so ashamed that I'd let myself get to that stage. That was when it clicked that I had to be serious about this, and that's when I decided to start the personal training/gym.
    5.What NSV are you most proud of so far?

During my kettlebell circuits the other day (it's a really high intensity class) I suddenly realised I hadn't faltered once and I was actually really enjoying it! This was the girl who could barely walk up a flight of stairs without needing to rest at the top! I was so proud of myself :)
    6.How do you keep yourself motivated?

Whenever I feel like giving up I look at pictures of me when I was slimmer. I keep telling myself how I'm not that far off that weight and if I just keep going then I can finally start to feel happier about myself. I remind myself that if I give up I'm only prolonging the amount of time that I'm going to feel fat and worthless. Also, every so often my personal trainer will check my stats. Having to weigh in in front of him keeps me motivated to lose the weight - he's been there to help me and I'd be ashamed of myself if I stood on the scales and had not lost weight/gained weight.
    7.What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size)

This is something that I haven't particularly thought much about yet, as I still have such a long way to go. I know that I want to get into a healthy bmi range, but that's about it. I think I'm going to play it by ear! I'll know when I'm at a weight I'm happy with and when I get there I'm going to focus even more on my fitness and strength. At the moment I do have a prospective goal of 154lbs though.

I really hope you manage to find the motivation. You've got 13lbs already so you're already on your way there! Just keep reminding yourself how much better you are going to feel when you reach your goal. And remember you're not alone! There are so many people who are in the same position and we all understand how you feel and will always be around to help encourage and support you! Good luck, you can do this! :)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? -

Seeing some pretty darned awful photos from a recent holiday I went on with my family. That, and some guy in a paper shop asked me for ID and then said 'I know you're pregnant, but you could be anyone!' :noway: That and a pirate yelled at me to put my legs away.

Lazy as hell. Hated nature, hated sport, hated exercise.

No gym, don't believe in it. Don't use DVD's, but I have used YouTube for workouts such as Yoga and ChaLean.

About last August when I come back from the holiday. Haven't looked back since.

UK size 6 clothing.

I don't need to stay motivated, this is a new mindset and way of life.

125lbs, then I'll gain as I want BF% of about 18%. Size 2-4 UK. Heck, I'm happy at a 6-8. :-)
  • Cubefit04
    Cubefit04 Posts: 2
    Options
    Travel near the end of the year and I wanted to be in better shape for it.

About 20 minutes of walking a day.

Neither. I walk/jog for an hour or so a day.

About a month in after I started using MFP.

Going from 42 to 34 sized jeans.

It's become a routine so I don't really need to motivate myself too much. I just get on with it and try to catch myself if I feel like snacking.

I'd like to be 166 lbs.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    When I realized that I weighed more than most NFL (US football) middle linebackers. Those are the really big guys in front of the quarterback.

Some minor walking at work but that was about it. A caveat though - I had seriously bad knees and walking was painful. I've since had my knees replaced so exercise has gotten much easier.

Gym, walk, Wii Fit, and I just got Wii Zumba

Nothing ever really just clicked one day, it's been a process. I have a history of childhood sexual abuse and deal with bouts of depression and PTSD. It has taken lots of years of therapy and hard work to feel like I'm worth the effort, and it still takes a lot of work to stop the self-sabotaging thinking.

I finally fit into my first ever motrcycle jacket instead of having to make my own or make do. And I f inally worked up to walking 3 miles in an hour.

The way my clothes fit and how I feel sems to be my motivation for now. It changes.

I've lost just under 100 pounds and I have another 80 or so to go to reach my goal and I'm sure I'll re-evaluate from there. I've gone from a size 28-shoulda-been-30 to a solid 22, from a 5X to 2X. At my goal weight I'll probably be at a size 16.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time really getting motivated and digging in. I have a couple of questions for people who are doing well with the weight loss/and or those who have reached/exceeded their goals. Please feel free to say more, here goes:

Having issues trying to tie my shoes made me aware that I was unhealthy.

Sitting on the couch with a bag of potato chips.

Neither. Run outdoors, free weights at home. tabata and HIIT at home.

About 2 months in I really started noticing results and finding my downfalls became easier.

Back in to my old 34s.

Look at the mirror every day and know that the results can and should be better.

Right now my goal is pretty wide but hopefully I will realize it when I get there. 180-185 lbs and 10-15%bf
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My cousin lost a lot of weight, and he was quite a bit bigger than me. I was like, well crap. If he can do it, maybe I can as well.Also, I saw some pretty awful pictures of myself

The only activity I did was when I worked. I work as a CNA at a nursing home, so we move quite a bit.. But snack quite a bit as well

I hit the gym hardcore in the mornings. Love it! It makes my day so much better. I also make sure I take a long walk in the evenings. It's a nice way to clear your head! =)

When I lost my first 10 lbs. I was like holy crap! I'm actually doing this! =D And then it clicked again about a week later when I ran my first 5k (on the treadmill). I was on cloud 9! =D

I don't know what a NSV is, sorry

Well, right now I don't have any jeans that fit anymore =D but I don't want to buy anymore till I hit my goal. Soooo it's either keep going, or go pantsless. haha

I would like to get down to 115-120 lbs. I'm only 5'2, so this seems completely doable. It's an awesome, eye-opening journey, and I'm so excited to get there!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I saw a photo (the mirror was lying to me; it had to be a photo) of myself and thought, HOLY CRAP, my face looks like the moon! I went out and bought a new scale about two weeks later, and realized that my old one had been lying to me as well. Ouch.

Barely worth talking about.

I started off with the gym, but between college and work I had no time to go. I started working out at home by doing cardio dance moves to music (no video), lifting 8-12 lb dumbbells, and walking a mile before work every morning (basically walking around the park by my work). Now I'm occasionally jogging parts of that walk.

It's been a few times; I was all into it when I started because the lbs were falling off. There was a point where I was plateaued for over a month and started to lose hope, but I kept at it for fear that it would come back if I stopped! :laugh: I'd rather be at that weight than 25 lbs back where I was, ya know? :laugh: But, plateau broke on its own, and I am full back into the swing of it.

I went from a size 12 to a size 6.

I look at my progress pictures. TAKE THEM. It's embarrassing to see yourself at your heaviest most of the time, but if you take them every 10-15 lbs, you'll start seeing the differences. I'm glad that I have a few now; they make me happy and keep me realistic that I was once that heavy.

My goal weight is 120-125 (anywhere in there is good), and on the low end of 6, possibly size 4. Body fat I'd like to keep close to 20%; I'm at 26.5% right now.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? I didn't want to be fat anymore.

2. What was your activity level before? Extremely lazy. Car everywhere!

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both? Neither

4. When did it really click for you? Quite early on, realising what food really contained was a real eye opener!

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? Reaching goal and continuing to log as part of my everyday life.

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? I think of how I used to feel and whether the food is really worth feeling that way again.

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size) I'm there, I just have to learn to maintain. I can lose and gain weight quite successfully.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? I was starting to outgrow my size 12's. I just felt sluggish and wanted to be stronger.

2. What was your activity level before? I've always been active, but not nearly to the level I am now. Now I feel guilty if I skip a workout. My body misses it.

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both? I don't have the time/money to go to the gym and I have kiddos so leaving them after working all day just doesn't jive for me. I do DVD's (30 Day Shred, TurboJam, TurboFire, Weight Loss Yoga), elliptical, run occasionally, bike.

4. When did it really click for you? Once I started getting in shape, I could see what I could actually do. I'm exercising to a level I never thought I'd be at.

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? I can do pushups now! Just thinking back to when I could barely do a "girl" pushup and when 10 jumping jacks winded me. I can do an hour of TurboFire now and feel good after. I ran 3 miles two days ago, after not running since last summer.

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? Knowing that this is just my lifestyle now keeps me motivated. I get sick now when I don't eat clean/well. I just can't eat the crap I used to eat. And, all MFP friends are great motivators.

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size) I'm 5'11", and at my heaviest ever I weighed 187. I was 175 when I joined MFP last spring. I'm now 161, but more importantly to me: I'm strong and I'm in good shape. I have no desire to be skinny. Strong is the new skinny. :)
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had gained a lot of weight over the last 7 years and hated looking at what I had become. Just getting out of the car and walking into the grocery store became a chore. My body hurt and I knew that I was digging myself into an early grave. I needed to get back to the smaller/healthier me and love myself again.

In the last 7 years, it was NOTHING. Prior to that I was very active, spinning, gym and sports all the time.

Gym - I started slowly and easing myself back into it. Started doing Aqua Aerobics, worked up to Zumba and then to spinning and weight circuit. I work out 6 days a week for close to 2 hours a day.

I was working at a job that had a personal trainer and on-site gym. After 2 months of the trainer stopping in my office on a daily basis asking when am i going to see her, I decided that I would be stupid not to take advantage of this nice company benefit. So finally 1 day after her asking me the question, I answered tomorrow. I haven't looked back yet!

Dropping 8 jean sizes and getting back into clothes from when I was in high school. Also the feeling of accomplishing so much more than I ever thought I could do.

Looking at my before pictures and realizing that I never want to get back to that unhappy/unhealthy place. Seeing pictures of me from 10-12 years ago and people thinking that they are recent pictures. Also, how I feel keeps me motivated.

I don't have a specific goal. The goal I had put into MFP has me at losing 42lbs. That was just a # I put in when I signed up, never dreaming I would come anywhere close. Losing another 20 lbs would be perfect for me. When I get there, I will re-evaluate.
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Options
    1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? I didn't feel comfortable in my skin. I wanted to look and feel great. I wan't over weight but I wanted to lose a few pounds and feel better.

2. What was your activity level before?I have always been active but put the wrong things into my body and didn't watch what I was eating.

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both?I am a gym, outdoor person. I like to see the people at the gym to get me to keep coming back and I love running and rollerblading. At home workouts don't work for me. I just won't do them and get bored.

4. When did it really click for you? When I started tracking all my food on MFP. Realized what I was eating and how I needed to change.

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? That I keep logging in and being accountable for what i eat everyday.

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? I just keep thinking about how I want to look and feel so it keeps me from eating the DQ blizzard all the time.

7. What is your ultimate goal? To feel comfortable in my own skin. I would like to be 130 but I am ok at the 140.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options

I was having problems with hormones, and my blood sugar and blood pressure were dangerously high. My doctor is very sensitive and nice about those things, but I knew I had to do something about it.

I used to walk a lot in college, but that became non-existent after I started my first full-time job.

Neither. I walk outside on nice days, and at the mall on icky weather days.

When I hit month two with only one small hiccup. I realized, hey, I could do this for as long as needed.

Having my belt be on the seventh hole, when I started on the third (and the holes are pretty far apart!)

I enjoy my walks, so that requires little motivation. I also realize that having one bad day means that it's easy to make tomorrow better.

Right now, I'm aiming for 130 lbs. Will reevaluate when I get there.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    NOTE: I was kicking *kitten* on this journey from Jan. 2011 through Aug. 2012. I fell off track because of some significant life issues that felt like a double kick to the groin. I gained a lot of the weight I had lost back as I had to deal with those emotional issues and then work to overcome the bad habits I had formed. But, I'm 4 full weeks into the restart and feeling much, much better. I will get my good health back. Anyway, I still consider that my journey started in Jan. 2011 and I am answering the questions based on that.

I finally looked at myself naked in the mirror and admitted that I was fat. I had been telling myself that I was "only chubby" for too long, all the while continuing to eat poorly and gain more weight. Its humbling to admit that you are fat. Also, I was going to turn 40 in 2011 and I knew health risks increased in the 40s....so I wanted to get healthy to reduce the risks of certain health issues.

before Jan. 2011, my activity level was couch potato, essentially. During my "break" from Sept. 2012 through most of May 2013, I was more active around the house, but no exercise....and too much couch potato moments.

from Jan. 2011 through part of April 2011, I did very little exercise. I focused primarily on my eating, did well, and lost about 22 pounds during those 3 months. In April and May 2011, I began doing cardio work...walking up and down the stairs in my building and ultimately doing some jogging. In June 2011, I began assembling a home gym and added resistance training to my routine. I had read about HIIT and sprint interval training and I did that 1-2x per week. To this day, I think the sprint interval training was the best thing I did (but I had to stop doing it when I hurt my Achilles doing a suicide drill...and then continued to re-aggravate it jogging until I finally had to rest). Anyway, at some point in 2011 and into 2012, I was mixing things up. I was doing sprint interval training 1-2x/week, riding my bike or jogging 2-3x/week, and doing metabolic resistance training with a set of adjustable dumbbells (MRT essentially involved doing supersets with non-competing muscles). 1-2x/week. I was working in 2 rest/recovery days per week....although sometimes I would do a like jog or bike ride on a rest/recovery day. Also, in Oct or Nov 2011, I started going to boot camp once per week. Everything else I did was at or around my home and was self directed. It was nice to go to a boot camp once per week to hang out with others doing fitness. After my divorce in June 2011, it became more difficult to go to boot camp so I started doing bodyrock.tv instead. Loved those workouts (new website is dailyhiit.com).

No exercise from Sept. 2012 through May 2013 (other than a few bike rides). Last week, I did tabata-style workouts. This past Sunday, I started Insanity. I am no where close to being as fit as I was in the summer of 2012, but I do what I can with Insanity. I am committed to finishing the 9 week program. After that, I will probably take a break from the cardio-style workouts and do some MRT for a month before possibly doing Insanity a second time. We will see.

Sometime in April 2011, things were really clicking for me as I was eating well and exercising. I felt great later in 2011 when I was able to do a 5 mile run (even though running was never a major focus of my exercise plan). On the restart, I would say things clicked when I committed this past Sunday to do Insanity...and I know I'm in the zone because yesterday, I easily passed up birthday cupcakes for a co-worker in favor of a green pepper (see my current profile pic).

So many NSVs along the way. Probably tough to pick just one or a few...but certainly being able to run 5 miles without stopping was big. When I get through Insanity, that will be huge. Finally overcoming the life obstacles was a huge NSV as well.

go to my profile page, copy and paste the link to my will power pill blog...do the activity. Basically, you have to take some time to dig deep within yourself and figure out all of the reasons why you don't like your current lifestyle. Write them down. Update when necessary. Read them often...particularly when you feel like you are struggling. If they are important enough reasons to you, then you will stay motivated.

ultimate goal? achieving and maintaining good health. getting a 6 pack has never been that important to me and I know I'm not going to do what is necessary for that. I want to be trim, fit and healthy. I want to be able to run around with my kids for as long as they keep me running, without being short of breath or needing a break. Anyway, I don't have a particular weight or size in mind. I was pretty happy where I was in August 2012, but I was willing to work to get a little better.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Honestly, I had become disgusted by the way I looked. I didn't feel good about myself. I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. I didn't like what I looked like in pictures. I am 5'6 and my highest weight was 225.

Ehhh, slim to none. I was never consistent. I'd start a diet/exercise plan ...do well for a week or so, and then boom, I'd be eating and doing nothing again.

I use everything that I can. I get in moods where I want to go to the gym...so I go. I get in moods where I only want to work out from home, so I do. I utilize videos online, apps on my phone, mfp, dvds, etc. I try to switch it up often, as I obviously get bored.

December 2011. I got serious. I realized it wasn't just a diet and exercise plan. It's my life. I took control.

Being able to maintain. I lost a little over 30 lbs last year AND maintained for months later. Now, I'm ready to lose some more.

This a tough one. For me, it's actually DOING the things necessary. I can talk all day long about what I'm supposed to do in order to be healthier, stronger, etc....but until I do it, I'm just talking like anyone else. Talking doesn't get it done...hard work does. I found once I started, it all became easier to continue.

I want to be healthy. I want people to look at me and know that I am healthy. I want to be strong. I've quit using numbers to define me. I'm in the 190s now....I really don't know exactly what size/weight I'd like to be. I hope to decrease my body fat and build muscles.

Few tips....START, keep it consistent, don't expect changes overnight, try to choose healthy foods, move more, lift weights, and don't give up. Also, don't rely on the scale.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options

I wasn't happy with my body, but had the "I'll do something about it tomorrow" mentality. Then, I saw a picture that my fiancé took of me and my son walking together at the park. I was huge. I had no idea I had gotten so big. Also, I could tell that my weight was starting to take a toll on my joints. I felt like an old woman and I am 28!

I have a desk job. I would go for walks with my son and fiancé around our neighborhood some evenings, but my son is 2.5 and stops to look at everything so that's hardly a workout.

I go to the gym 5-6 days per week. I do 30 minutes of cardio. I despise cardio so I do 10 minutes on one machine, then 10 minutes on another machine and then I take a break from it and do my strength training (40-60 minutes) and then I do 10 more minutes of cardio before I leave the gym. I hate working out at home. It's too easy to stop and plop back on the couch.

In the beginning, my Mom offered to start going to the gym with me in the mornings before we both headed to work to help motivate me. Having a workout buddy is what helped me get started. I didn't want to disappoint her by cancelling so I got my butt up and went to the gym. After awhile, she stopped going and I switched my gym sessions to evenings (after work). By that point, I was seeing results and was actually enjoying the gym again and I was just into it.

My blood pressure is normal for the first time in over a year without any medication and my baby belly is on it's way to being flat!

Seeing results keeps me motivated. I also don't restrict myself. If I want something, I eat it, but I stay within my calorie limit. There are no "off limits" foods. I never feel like I'm on a diet. I just feel like I'm making better choices. I also typically have one cheat meal per week. It's never scheduled, but it seems like once a week I have the desire to just eat a meal with my fam and not worry about how many calories I'm eating. Sometimes it's a bottle of wine instead of a meal. I don't go overboard and binge on everything in sight. I just enjoy one meal with no thought put into it. My motivation for going to the gym? Seeing my body change. It's awesome to see the changes from week to week and to feel better about it each day! How do you feel when you sit at home and eat a box of cookies and avoid a work out? You feel like crap. How do you feel when you get a good workout in and KNOW you accomplished something? You feel proud of yourself! Also, I set small goals. I focus on my weekly weight-loss goal, not the fact that I had 72 pounds to lose when I started this journey. I also have monthly goals and then my long-term goals, but I can't get to those without focusing on my weekly goal so it all comes together.

I am 5'4", but I am very curvy. I weighed 150lbs before I got pregnant in 2010 and I was very happy with my body. My current goal is to get back to that size, but I may decide to push for 140 once I get there. I'm not sure yet and will have to assess the situation once I get to 150.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I love talking about myself!

1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? I had just turned 22, and felt trapped in my own body. I didn't want to go to celebrate, didn't care. I decided I was too young to feel like that.

2. What was your activity level before? Zilch. Walking.

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both? Started off with gym, did 1 DVD through Youtube (30DS), one kickboxing DVD and been gym ever since.

4. When did it really click for you? When I hit 30lbs lost, and almost decided "that's good enough" I decided I never wanted to stop because it was "good enough" I wanted to keep pushing, keep striving for better.

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? Loving myself again. Learning self-forgiveness, and will power.

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? It's habit now. Cute clothes, feeling great.

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size) 20% bodyfat, lose another 10lbs to trim up my thighs and hips.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    1. What was your motivation to start losing the weight? High Blood Pressure, Gut hanging out

2. What was your activity level before? Very active

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both? Group classes, spin, body pump

4. When did it really click for you? Biggest contest loser at work.. Thought I was in good shape till I started writing down what I ate.. I lost 22lbs in 10 weeks and have kept it off for 3 years

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? Doing 3500 push ups a week.

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? Wake up and think how can I be fitter today.. At 56 young women still talk to me.

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size) 165 bf under 20
  • michellechawner
    Options

2. What was your activity level before? Sedentary - I have a pain disorder and most days I was lucky to get out of bed, let alone walk or work full time.

3. Do you do the gym or DVD’s or neither or both? NEITHER. Although I do use my Wii, I also do a lot of walking and I take 3-4 classes a week at a yoga studio

4. When did it really click for you? When I saw everyone else with my same disorder FAT and OVERWEIGHT. I'm 27, and I refuse to let my disorder be a death sentence.

5. What NSV are you most proud of so far? I've encouraged the people at my work to drink more water - they always see me with my water bottles I keep on my desk - 2 others have now started bringing in water bottles too!

6. How do you keep yourself motivated? My Size 6 jeans are hanging on the back of my bedroom door, I see them every night.

7. What is your ultimate goal? (weight, bodyfat%, size) I'll re-evaluate when I hit 120, although I think I may need to lose more because I'm still pudgy in the tummy at 127. I don't have a BF% because I don't measure that, and I want to be a size 6 comfortably. I can squeeze into them now, but not very comfortable for all day.