No Longer "Obese"

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now that 12lbs is within a reasonable short term goal range for me, it's my next goal! I have 12lbs to lose to break the obese barrier and it's going to be great. I loathe that word!!! I look at myself in the mirror and I don't LOOK obese, but that could be my Unorexia talking hehehehe.
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    Congrats!! I can not wait till I can get there :)
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have gone from morbidly obese to just plain overweight. I'm 17 pounds from healthy! I rejoiced everytime I changed 'catagories'. Congrats to you!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I certainly know the feeling! It gives you the needed boost to carry on.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 pounds away!!!!!! Can't wait!!! I hate that word too!!! Can't wait to never see it again!!!!

Congrats on your achievement!!!!! Great work!!!!
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really always hated that word. Now I can say I am no longer in the "Obese" category from a BMI standpoint. Which I understand is nothing more than fictitious babble insurance companies created and the real measurement is BF% (which is also considerably down from where I was at).

Still a victory is a victory!

Anyone else moved from the "Obese" category to "Overweight" category and did back flips about it?
    Nice. Congratulations!!!! That's a big goal that I'm hoping to attain myself soon.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Im Almost out of the obese category...Im gonna throw a party, hire clown AND do back flips!!! Good for you hon ;)
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am 8 lbs away from moving from the obese category to overweight category. I'm thrilled!
  • gobunkos
    gobunkos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes! I remember it well. It does make one feel better about their self, even if it only a word.
  • pmcfarland68
    Options
    I have moved as well from Obese to overweight! It's a great feeling. Can't wait to celebrate from overweight to healthy!! Congrats to everyone!! :drinker:
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yay for being overweight! ... wait that don't sound right. LOL I wish I was overweight though...I still have about 10 more pounds to loose to be overweight... Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It's a little arbitrary and yet I'll be one of the happiest overweight people in the world, when I get there in about 6 pounds. Heck, I was thrilled to get from severely obese to just moderately obese. Congratulations! It's a terrific accomplishment.
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and yes, it is a very happy day!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Still a victory is a victory!

ABSOULTELY!
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words all. You all are the best, this community is what keeps me going.

Also this must be said since someone mentioned it, Go Bulls and Hawks (what a game last night)!!!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, and striving toward the day when I can say the same!
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Yes, sir!!! I was in the low 31-33 BMI and am now down to 29.1 (from obese to overweight). Then I've gotta lose 4 or 5 more points to get to a healthy weight. I'm pumped :)

A victory is a victory!
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I remember moving from obese to just over-weight. It's a good feeling!
  • ehimass
    ehimass Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats to OP and everyone else.

I just hit 220 this morning, which is the threadhold into BMI < 30 for my height. I was pretty happy about it unti I realized I still need to lose another 50 pounds to really look good and be at my ideal weight :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!