My wedding's in a year!

Options
Hey. I'm not new to the boards, however I would like to find some other friends on here who may be getting married next year sometime. Mine is set for next May and I have a safe 30 pounds to lose. Anyone else in this boat?
:happy: :happy:

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Exact same boat!! Getting married in May with just over 30 to lose... though have an engagement party (I'm Indian, we do a lot of ceremonies) coming up in August that I want to try to lose as much as possible for as well....

Sending a FR :)
  • DuckieSteph
    DuckieSteph Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Nice to meet you! What day in May are you getting married??
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi both! :happy:

Me too. I'm getting married a year tomorrow!! :blushing:

I've lost 27lbs so far, a pound away from my halfway mark. Got 29lbs left to go.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    June 14th...and I have around 40-45 left to lose!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm getting married April 28, 2014! I don't have much more to lose, maybe 5 or 10 lbs MAX, but I've been having a hard time even maintaining lately. I've gotta keep my big day in mind when I want to reach for candy and cookies. Feel free to add me! :)
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Getting married May 17 next year. Would love to drop 30 or so pounds. Right now, I'm doing boot camp style training twice a week to get ready for Tough Mudder in September, and fill in workouts alone or with a trainer 1-2 times a week.
  • jessiebritt
    jessiebritt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Sept. 2014! And I have a loooong way to go!!
  • chandy2809
    chandy2809 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    im May the following year - but I have three weddings next year, one three months before mine - and then MINE!!! have an engamment party four weeks which I would like to lose a bit more for! exciting times!!!!!!
  • eautrey124
    eautrey124 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 25, 2014 and I have about 40 lbs I would like to lose by then! :)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Getting married this October 26, 2013!!!! Trying to TONE TONE TONE! :) Congrats to everyone here on your upcoming wedding!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

Funny as this sounds, I don't have the date yet! My in-laws-to-be are religious Hindus and they want to pick our wedding date by what would be the "auspicious day" for it... just haven't done it yet. Something to do with not being able to get in touch with their pundit.

Not something I care about, but really, they're doing most of the planning anyway. I don't mind, as long as they figure it out :) lol
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 7, 2014! Add me! I need to get myself on track and stay accountable!!
  • DuckieSteph
    Options
    Wow!! Look at all of these lovely brides! Congratulations to you all, and thank you for those of you who added me. I look forward to getting to know you all. :)
  • Weeble2005
    Weeble2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Getting married March 18! 30 pounds to go
  • countingdowntofeb14
    Options
    Add me! Wedding is in February!
  • ozlo937
    ozlo937 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm getting married April 13, 2014! After seeing my measurements for my gown, I am determined to make those numbers shrink by my final fitting
  • shri001
    shri001 Posts: 4
    Options
    congratulation to all of you.. :)
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    I'm July 2014 and I've lost almost 5 since I started, and have about 25 more to go! I figured a year should be ample time, or more like the spring when I go for my final gown fitting!!
  • DuckieSteph
    Options

Funny as this sounds, I don't have the date yet! My in-laws-to-be are religious Hindus and they want to pick our wedding date by what would be the "auspicious day" for it... just haven't done it yet. Something to do with not being able to get in touch with their pundit.

Not something I care about, but really, they're doing most of the planning anyway. I don't mind, as long as they figure it out :) lol

That actually sounds pretty cool. I would love for someone to come in and plan my wedding, haha! It's overwhelming. This way, you get to just enjoy it!
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    I am not in the EXACT same boat, but my boyfriend has been talking a lot about "taking the next step." Lol, so I assume within the next two years we will be getting married and I want to lose 40 lbs before then!