Food Database

Options
I'm noticing that a lot of the food in the database is wrong, even though it has a lot of confirmations. I'm not going to trust foods added by users. I use to trust a food if it had a lot of confirmations, but not anymore. I've found errors on 5 entries between yesterday and today and some of the errors were huge! Anyone else running into this?

Replies

• curt656
    curt656 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes! There is an awful lot wrong. I don't know what is wrong, but I definately double check everything.
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that there are regional packaging differences. So what may be correct in my region is incorrect in another region. A slice of cheese may be a certain number of grams, and hence a certain number of calories, but the same company packages a slightly smaller slice in other states. (I discovered this when I moved...) So there may be confirmations by people who live in the same area, for whom the information is correct.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that a lot of the food in the database is wrong, even though it has a lot of confirmations. I'm not going to trust foods added by users. I use to trust a food if it had a lot of confirmations, but not anymore. I've found errors on 5 entries between yesterday and today and some of the errors were huge! Anyone else running into this?
    Just edit it according to your pkg. Pkging changes, I just changed out 3 food items because the pkgs are made smaller now. No biggee, we all do it from time to time. Is it a pain sometimes? Sure! But it's all part of the process, plus not much Mike or any of the rest of us can do about companies changing product contents, sizing etc.

When I see something crazy off, it makes me be far more diligent about adding in foods new to the database when I do, I double and triple check myself just in case I mistyped something. :drinker:
    Have a good day!