meal ideas

Options
AMDEM
AMDEM Posts: 14 Member
Hello, i am just starting my health change and need ideas for food choices. breakfast, lunch, dinner. my biggest problem is im not too big into veggies and i know i need to start eating them.
im just starting out and want to make sure im eating right along with working out.
Please help me

Replies

• mykahlio1
    mykahlio1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    im just starting out too. i dont mind veggies as long as they are dipped in something or cooked with lots of flavor like garlic and butter . i too would like the same info from others on what to eat. im also trying to switch from 2 or 3 cokes a day to one coke zero and drinking water and its so hard to get my water in, anyone have any tips on that?
  • AMDEM
    AMDEM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I USED TO DRINK ALOT OF SODA BUT I DONT ANYMORE. . I ONLY DRINK ONE SODA A DAY AND THATS WITH MY DINNER IF IM AT HOME. IF IM OUT AT A RESTAURANT THEN I DRINK WATER.
    THE WAY I GOT USED TO DRINKING WATER IS I MIXED IT WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT. I ENJOYED FRUIT PUNCH THE BEST AND EVENTUALLY I SWITCHED TO NOTHING BUT WATER ALL DAY.
    I BRING A WATER BOTTLE WITH ME TO WORK EVERYDAY AND JUST REFILL IT WHEN ITS GONE.
  • shelblou_123
    shelblou_123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of vegetables either, so I've been trying to get a serving in by adding it to my breakfast smoothie. I use this recipe...

-1/2 banana
    -blueberries (or strawberries)
    -1 tablespoon peanut butter
    -1 cup skim milk
    -8 ice cubes
    -scoop protein powder
    -broccoli (I use the frozen kind and use about 3/4 cup)

You can't taste the broccoli and it gets you a serving of veggies without having to do the unthinkable and eat them raw. : )
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water is great! And so is skinnytaste.com. Tons of great ideas on there! Best wishes

Edited to say... Frozen broccoli in my smoothie?! I'll have to try that soon. :)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Take a look at what people are eating.

Look for people that have open diaries. (I love open diaries, gives me some ideas/new combos)

Eupicurious, Foodtv.com, Skinnytaste, some vegetarian sites (can't remember then all right now), allrecipes.com good resources for recipies.
  • boston3666
    Options
    I do a lot of biking,hiking and walking the beach I drink water or Gatorade and it only has 80 calories plus a thirst quencher.
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love my stir fried crunchy broccolli!
    I'm not a big fan of vegetables either, so I've been trying to get a serving in by adding it to my breakfast smoothie. I use this recipe...

-1/2 banana
    -blueberries (or strawberries)
    -1 tablespoon peanut butter
    -1 cup skim milk
    -8 ice cubes
    -scoop protein powder
    -broccoli (I use the frozen kind and use about 3/4 cup)

You can't taste the broccoli and it gets you a serving of veggies without having to do the unthinkable and eat them raw. : )
  • spatdi
    spatdi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My BKFST go to's:

SANDWICHES made with:
    *Egg, cooked in a non stick skillet with misto sprayed olive oil or other non stick spray(use sparingly)
    *1/2 slice of 2% kraft american cheese
    *2 slices of OM deli shaved Honey smoked turkey OR 2 slices of Land O Frost canadian bacon, or sprinkle 1 TBSP Hormel lower fat bacon bits(glass jar) over the egg while it cooks.
    *Aldi's mini bagel/Thomas 100 cal english muffin/Natures own light honey wheat bread 2 slices.

EGG POTATO STACK
    *Over easy egg
    *1 slice 2% american cheese
    *3 oz shredded potato mixed with 1 TBSP minced fresh onion(hash browns)Cook over medium heat with a spray of Olive oil-Misto until golden, flip and cook till golden.
    Top with the cheese slice, and egg on top of the cheese.

Instant cheese GRITS cooked in the microwave with 1 TBSP Hormel lower fat real bacon bits mixed in.

EGG & TOMATOES WITH RICE
    *1 egg, beaten
    *1TBSP chopped fresh onion
    *1/2 med tomato cut in 1/2" chunks
    *1/4tsp Salt
    *1/4-1/2c cooked rice
    beat eggs in a bowl, add chopped tomato and salt.
    Heat small pan over medium, spray with non stick spray and saute onion until transparent.
    Pour egg mixture in pan and allow to cook, browning a little before scrambling.
    When cooked to your desired doneness, serve with hot fresh rice.

BKFST BURRITO
    *100 cal or less tortilla
    *1 egg
    *your choice of: 1 TBSP Hormel Less fat real bacon bits, 1 oz chopped ham, 1/4c Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles.
    *Salsa(your choice, I like Pace)
    *If desired, either 2% american sliced cheese or 1/2 oz 2% grated cheddar cheese

I usually do leftovers, soup, salads, frozen meal(supplemented with additional veggies or a salad) for lunch.
    You can concoct some really yummy salads...just beware of the dressings.
    Hope this helps!
  • spatdi
    spatdi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fast, easy and satisfying! Susan's sausage and peppers pasta!

1 link Jennie-o Italian Turkey Sausage(sweet or hot) 160 cal
    1/4 small each red,green bell peppers cut in strips 20
    1/8 small Onion cut in strips 16
    2 tsp Garlic minced 4
    1-2c Brocccoli florets and or zucchini slices 35-60
    1/2c Fat Free chicken broth 0-5
    Non stick spray(I use my misto sprayer-EVOO) 10

2 oz dry wt. angel hair/thin spaghetti/linguini 200-210

1. Put sausage in a small fry pan over medium heat, surround it with the peppers and onions.
    Lightly brown sausage turning occasionally-you are not cooking it through this way, just get some color on it.
    2.Add garlic when peppers/onions wilt a bit and cook for 1 minute stirring.
    3. Add broth and cook covered on low for 2-3 minutes-until sausage is cooked through.
    3.Meanwhile bring a small pot of water to a boil, cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions.
    4.Last 1-2 minutes of pasta cooking, add the broccoli/zucchini.
    5.strain pasta-veg and turn out into a bowl.
    6. Pour sausage pepper mixture over pasta.
    7. sprinkle with parmesan if desired