What's your favorite fat burning, quick calorie burning card

Options
I found the elliptical to be really helpful. What about you guys? Also, on average how many calories do you burn in the time your on there, for how long too?

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Depends on intensity, its about 12 calories per minute. So in 30 minutes, 360 calories. I weigh about 190 pounds.
    Also, I recently have a love for Zumba, its very high intensity and a lot of fun so the time goes by supper fast. in 60 minutes, i burn over 600 calories
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I burn a lot more calories on the treadmill than the eliptical.. I also like spin bikes
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Kickboxing are my absolute favorites!!! But I don't have an HRM... so there's no way to tell how many calories I really burn.
  • tytvette
    Options
    I use the elliptycle as well, burning about 8-10 calories a minute doing their fat burning program. I change it up now and then by going backwards instead of forwards. I can really feel a difference in my legs. I also do the 30 day shred when I am not near the gym.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can get a LOT done on the elliptical! I switch up the programs, and on days where I am going to do a serious run/walk, then I will just do the 33 minute weight loss interval program... but I can burn 900 calories or better doing a 50 minute Cross Training Session. I like to watch my heart rate, keep it steady, but PUSH as hard as I can. Then, the next day, I will do the 45 mins on the gluteal program, which will REALLY make you sweat... And that's at least a 600 calorie workout too. I think I probably spend TOO much time on the elliptical, but it's my zen place. :glasses:
  • jdarden1963
    Options
    I just bought an elliptical a couple of weeks ago at a garage sale but it didn't have any manuals with it. What kinds of things can you do on it besides walking? Christy23, you are talking about a weightloss interval program and a gluteal program. What are those? I love my elliptical and I bought a heart rate monitor/calorie burning indicator to use with it and based on my heart rate while working out, I burn on the avg of 600 cals in 46 mins if I'm doing a pretty good pace. But I would like to do more with it if I could.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just bought an elliptical a couple of weeks ago at a garage sale but it didn't have any manuals with it. What kinds of things can you do on it besides walking? Christy23, you are talking about a weightloss interval program and a gluteal program. What are those? I love my elliptical and I bought a heart rate monitor/calorie burning indicator to use with it and based on my heart rate while working out, I burn on the avg of 600 cals in 46 mins if I'm doing a pretty good pace. But I would like to do more with it if I could.

The ellipticals at my gym have pre-set programs... the weight loss interval is alternating from no resistance or elevation at all, to the absolute highest, and back. The cross training comes to a peak, but will periodically ask you to pedal backward and then forward again. And the gluteal is REALLY high resistance and elevation, which also varies pedalling forward and pedalling backward.
  • jdarden1963
    Options
    Cool. I will try some of that. Thanks.
  • JensLogin
    Options
    You said "quick calorie burning", so I don't think of an elliptical or treadmill with that description. For at least me, I think of something way more high impact, like HIIT or Tabata - something where you use several large muscle groups at once. Going through a few protocols of these can burn more calories in 20 minutes than 45-50 minutes on either of those. Plus, I have seen so much more definition and change in my body. Jumping rope is also another good one for a quick burn.

Just a few thoughts....hope you all have a great day!