Healthy fast food options

Options
2»

Replies

• manders376
    manders376 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you live Qdoba is another one that offers healthier options (I think they are similar to Chipotle).

I love their corn salsa!
  • kruntihester
    kruntihester Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Premium Wraps!
  • nsponseller
    Options
    Thank you for pointing this out. "All fast food is healthy"..... Really?!?! I wish!!
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    You can really manipulate any option to make it healthier. Instead of getting a burger and fries get a burger with a side salad!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Check out each website, they should have the nutrition on it and you can see what sounds good to you and what calories you can have. It's great to plan it out, then you won't be surprised afterwords.

This. If you go to each menus nutrition facts section you can come up with a meal at each restaurant that will appeal to you and fit into your calorie goal for the day so you're set for whichever one you pick.
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has a really good honey mustard flatbread chicken sandwich that runs mid 300's for calories.

I just went there the other day specifically for this and they don't have it anymore. :( If I am doing fast food I try for Subway. Or I go with a grilled chicken option somewhere, side salad with low fat dressing and you can always have just half the bread of your sandwich to lower the calories a bit. Watch out for the different sauces they use they can really rack up the calories.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has a really good honey mustard flatbread chicken sandwich that runs mid 300's for calories.

Yep, I agree. Or order their chili with a side salad. I like to put the chili on the salad, no dressing. Or get the chili with a baked potato and put it on the potato. Yummmm.
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    Great options everybody! I wish there would be that Chipotle everybody talks about but i live in Costa Rica!
    I guess i'll check my area restauranta and loook for their nutrition info but you can still share healthy options so others can see them ! :)
  • MissLizRae
    Options
    Chipotle! Get a burrito bowl! <3 them. They have a nutrition calculator on website and break down calories by toppings.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Havana Burrito is quite good at California Tortilla is you have one. Even the small burrito is plenty big for less than 500 calories.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about calories and just have a cheat meal. All I can think about is Popeyes chicken and mash. Yummmmmm! And Carl's junior western bacon burger. Salivating now.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Chipotle double meat bowl with no rice and a whole lot of tabasco
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad from Jack in the Box!! YUMMMMY
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Just depends what you consider healthy and what you're trying to achieve.

If healthy = "can provide a calorie deficit", then everything is healthy. Just track the food and pay attention.

If you have other objectives (e.g. sodium, local, organic, no hormones, etc), then you can get stuck in a hurry with the multinationals, but you may have local fast food restaurants that provide a range of specialized options.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I know where i'm going I usually go on line and look up the nutrition charts for that restaurant or fast food joint. Then I know what I can or cannot have based on calories left for the day and can see what has the most and least clories. It can really be surprising and is a great eye opener.Other times I just throw caution to the wind and order a large fry anyway!! :bigsmile:
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, Wendy's, Subway :)
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, if that even counts as fast food
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Chick-Fil-A ... they have the Grilled Market Salad. It is only 180 calories with granola and nuts and fruit and cheese, and the dressing is 100 cals! Taco Bell can be done fairly low cal too... chicken instead of beef. No cheese or sour cream. Subway- grilled chicken or turkey sub (leave off the cheese for even lower calories.) Wendy's chili is under 400 calories. Any place with a grilled chicken sandwich and a wheat bun. OHH and Moe's- you can get grilled chicken and black beans and TONS of fresh ingredients all in a bowl. Add a few of their chips for a crunch. I sometimes pop in to Earth Fare for a salad bar. It is full of fresh fruit and veggies. They even have fresh hot grilled salmon at the end of the bar.
  • spatdi
    spatdi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili, Salads - but always watch the stats on the dressing!
    McD's salads with grilled chicken, Grilled chicken sandwiches, eggwhite mcmuffin, fruit and yogurt parfait
    Burger King-Whopper Jr-no mayo
    Popeyes-Naked tenders with mashed potatoes and green beans
    KFC-Grilled chicken, or 1 original leg, mashed taters and green beans
    Chic-fil-a-grilled chicken sandwich(no mayo/sauces), salads with grilled chicken