Morning is hardest

cmcbee90
cmcbee90 Posts: 10 Member
I need advice on how to get gong in the morning. If I eat right away I feel sick on my walk, but if I wait until after I'm pretty light headed and feel nauseous. I need to get some calories and protein in my body to keep me from getting dizzy and not make me sick while I'm working out. Any food suggestions to get my body going?

Replies

• jumpermuffin
    jumpermuffin Posts: 27 Member
    I both hate eating in the early morning and also do not have time as I have to get my 2-year old up and ready and out the door to daycare before I go to work. What I just discovered is that if I grab a piece of fruit and eat it at my desk in the morning, I feel a lot better and am okay with waiting until lunch for my sandwich/leftovers/whatever. I always had it in my head that breakfast was only for pre-work and if I got to work, then I had to wait until lunch. I don't know why this always seemed like a rule for me. I feel much better now with an apple around 9:30. :)
  • cactus589
    cactus589 Posts: 8
    Greek yogurt? It has a ton of protein. Maybe try a lower fat version if the full fat is too heavy in your stomach during your walk.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    If I eat right away I feel sick on my walk, but if I wait until after I'm pretty light headed and feel nauseous.
    How long is your walk? Are you eating enough the day before?

I generally eat nothing before a morning workout, but I don't have the dizziness problem. Maybe bring some cheese or something with you and stop to eat it when you get hungry? Maybe you need something to drink, I think dehydration can make you dizzy.