Help! Got any back excercises?

Options
My wedding is 6 weeks away! I've lost 5 1/2 pounds of the 15 I'm trying to lose in a total of 9 weeks (so mostly on track). The problem is, my corset-style gown does not close at the top. The bottom, the middle, all of those points are fine. And now... I'm not losing weight in my upper back.My hips and waist have lost an inch EACH, but my chest measurement is lagging behind.

Anyone have any success/advice on toning the upper back? I know you can't TARGET weight loss to one spot, but maybe if the muscles got toned faster.... I don't know. All I know is that this is not going well. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Replies

• jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do dumbell rows and reverse flies... Here's some pictures and other good ideas too:
    http://exercise.about.com/library/blbackexercises.htm

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're a member of a gym, but I favor the elliptical machine and always make sure to have my hands as high as possible on the pole things. That means that my arms are moving for an hour at a time, and I've noticed a significant difference in my upper back. The Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred also gives your arms/back a big workout- I have the videos that I could email to you if you want to try that too.

Also Jessudd's suggestion is great, too. :)