Mommies with 75-100 to lose, add me!

I have always been plus size. I remember when I was around 10, my dad took me school shopping and I needed a size 12 women's pants and he told me that was the biggest I ever wanted to be. I would love to fit a size 12 right now! The lightest I ever remember being as an adult was 180 when I graduated from high school. I was 200 when I got married, 235 after having my daughter, got back to 200, went back to 235 after having my son. My daughter is 4 years, my son is 4 months. I am currently 231 and hoping to get back under the 200 mark and keep going.

I dont go to the gym...I dont have an extra $30/month for membership, and the nearest gym is 30 miles away.
I do workout videos at home...at first it seemed impossible to find time but 5-6 days a week, I do find time.
I work 40 hours a week. I spend 5 hours a week in the car driving to and from work. I get 4 hours a night to make supper, wash dishes, feed the baby, do the laundry, tend to the yardwork, play with my kids, excersize, shower, and spend some time with my husband. But I really want...no...NEED to make this work!

I am looking for other ladies in similar situations so we can motivate each other, make suggestions, and all realize we are not alone and we can do this for ourselves while still being super mom/wife/career woman/whatever you choose to do!

Replies

• Hi

I am new to this but have a lot to lose. I would welcome some support and am happy to support others
    regards
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    As long as you have a very supportive DH, it can be done.

I am working mother (working full time +2 hour a day commute). And even though I am tired and don't get enough sleep, I exercise 4 times a week minimum. Sometimes after the baby goes to sleep (and he is a night owl), sometimes during the day, and my DH makes sure to do whatever he needs to (make dinner, watch baby) so that I can do it.

I went from size 12 to size 2-4 in 6 months.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    I have alot of weight to lose and almost halfway there. I have the Zumba dvd's and I have started jogging. I have lost 37 pounds so far. Add me if you like. It's challenging but you can do it.