fitbit flex....anyone using it?

Options
Hi,

Just got my new fitbit flex.....problem is it's logging loads of steps, stayed in all day and it logged over 7000..... toilet and kitchen not that far. Lol.

Anyone else got same issue?

THanks Alan.

Replies

• mdgreathouse
    Options
    I've had my flex for a week, and I also find it logging way too many steps.
    The first day I wore it on my dominant wrist and I thought that was affecting the step count.
    After that, I began wearing it on my non-dominant wrist, but I'm still having the same issues.

I consistently log between 10,000 and 15,000 steps daily, and I know this isn't accurate.
    Anybody know how to correct this?

Thanks,
    Mike...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how accurate my steps are... doesn't matter to me though because steps don't mean anything to me.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how accurate my steps are... doesn't matter to me though because steps don't mean anything to me.
    So why do you bother wearing it
  • fairviewcourt11
    fairviewcourt11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It seems to record a number of steps consistent with the Fitbit One I used to use. It doesn't capture flights of stairs, which I find to be a disadvantage. But I lost the Fitbit One twice, even though it seemed to be securely attached to my belt, facing inside. At $100 a pop, that was starting to get expensive. The Flex seems like it would be much harder to lose. So I like the One better, but the Flex seems more practical.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit and a pedometer on my Droid. I carry it in my pocket all day and just look at it in the evenings. Super easy for me and it does all the work automatically.
  • jacksonpt
    Options

calories and sleep data
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    Play with the dominant vs. non-dominant setting. I wear mine on my non-dominant hand (left), but have the setting on dominant. The setting affects the sensitivity of the tracker as does the hand you actually wear it on. Jawbone UP doesn't have this setting which I find interesting.
  • jaz050465
    Options

calories and sleep data

But surely if its not accurate on steps- it won't be accurate on calories either.
  • jacksonpt
    Options

calories and sleep data

But surely if its not accurate on steps- it won't be accurate on calories either.

Why not? What do steps have to do with calories?

FWIW, I've found it to be surprisingly accurate with calories.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sundaig
    sundaig Posts: 1
    Options
    Flex is highly inaccurate. I just received mine yesterday put it on and a short while later had to take my son to swim practice. I noticed before leaving the house I had 900 steps. Driving over the fairly bumpy three mile bridge on our route to swim practice the flex logged an additional 2500 steps. AND I logged and additional 600 calories. It is boxed up and ready to go back as it is not worth the $100 dollars for information this inaccurate.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    You are doing it wrong, sad to say. Mine has worked perfectly since I got it. Maybe some of the units are messed up? They are rushing them out, for sure.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Flex is highly inaccurate. I just received mine yesterday put it on and a short while later had to take my son to swim practice. I noticed before leaving the house I had 900 steps. Driving over the fairly bumpy three mile bridge on our route to swim practice the flex logged an additional 2500 steps. AND I logged and additional 600 calories. It is boxed up and ready to go back as it is not worth the $100 dollars for information this inaccurate.

Did you set it up? Sensitive vs normal? Dominant vs non? etc. Did you charge it?

How do you konw it's inaccurate after only wearing it for a few hours? The only time mine has appeared off was when the battery was about to die.
  • msimm29
    msimm29 Posts: 5
    Options
    Fiancee and I are both wearing them. We love them.

No big amount of extra steps for either of us, I ride a commuter bus an hour each way to work and may get 2 or 3 steps logged from the time I get on to the time I get off... I also drive a sports car with a very tight suspension and we don't get extra steps over a long/bumpy trip in that either.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thinking about getting one...
  • jaz050465
    Options

calories and sleep data

Because that's how it calculates how many calories you are supposed to have burned
  • jacksonpt
    Options

calories and sleep data

Because that's how it calculates how many calories you are supposed to have burned

Then how/why does it calculate cals burned when I'm sitting still at my desk for 8 hours?
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    As stated, check the settings on the device, change them and see if that fixes the issue, then report back if it did.
    If it did not, send it back and try another one. If that does same, grab the one instead, it's amazing.
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a month and it is accurate within a tenth mile after I walk/run 5 miles.

1. On the website, in device settings, ensure that you have the tracker set to "non-dominant hand" and that you are wearing it on your non-dominant hand.

2. Calibrate. Enter your own values for your stride lengths. As way of example I am 5'10" and my walk stride length is 2'8", running stride is 5'10".

More info on calibrating: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_your_reviews&sort_by=MostRecentReview
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Oops