Scales won't budge after 2 weeks!

Ok, so I know it is a bit soon to expect quick results but the scales haven't moved for 2 weeks! (I started this again 2 weeks ago as now going to the gym).

Firstly, I am 149 pounds, I have been eating 1200 - 1400 calories a day, and exercising 2 x a week at the gym ( I eat back my exercise calories). I also have an active job, so I'm moving about for most of the day. I also drink water and weigh myself in the morning once a week before I eat breakfast.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Replies

• hey hun,
    Kinda feeling the same, however I think you might need to up the ante on your gym sessions. 3/4 sessions will increase your weight loss. The more you do as well the more you get into it. I hate working out!!! ha. I have started on insanity and i am on day 10, no results at all so far! But I have faith that they will come. Gotta keep at it xx
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Patience.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    There are different schools of thought on weighing frequency.

Reality is your body is going up and down in weight all the time. If you weigh yourself twice in 2 weeks, you can get "lucky" - by catching a peak first and a trough later - or "unlucky" by weighing first at a trough then a peak. Can easily be 4-6 pounds between "lucky" or "unlucky".

Anyway, if you take a weekly weigh-in approach, you may have to track for a while to get a decent idea of what's going on.
  • x7xemilyx7x
    x7xemilyx7x Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for your replies everyone.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    I think if you want to actively do something about those numbers, you should consider a third day at the gym or for cardio. Also, for me, I have found the first 15 minutes of a workout really only warm me up, so my workouts must be at least 45 minutes, usually 90. Some ideas, anyway.