Need some help with weight loss

In February I started working out almost everyday (30 DS, treadmill, Jillian Micheals Extreme Shed and Shred, just multiple different workouts). I ate healthy but I'm human, sometimes I didn't workout for a day or two or some days I ate some things I shouldn't have. I worked out for two-three months and only lost about 2 pounds. I started at 1200 calories a day and then increased after reading a few posts on here and nothing. So I gave up, I'm ashamed to admit it but I was so frustrated because I was working really hard and i got nothing out of it. Anyway. I am 5'4 I weigh 123. Most of my fat is on my belly and that's really only what I want to lose, maybe a little bit on my thighs. My upper body isn't fat at all. According to the military body calculator I have 27% body fat. Last week I started to work out again. I just need some tips on what I can do to make sure I lose weight this time. I really don't have a number goal, I just want to lose the belly and be fit and toned. I don't normally track my food either. I eat healthy when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full and treat myself occasionally. What can I do to make sure i lose weight? I mix up my workouts a lot because I get bored with the same old thing.

Replies

• mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Okay from the sounds of it you really don't have much weight to lose. I am in the same boat, recently hit a plateau and decided to rethink everything. I eat around 1900 Calories a day, more if I do intense workout, less if it's a rest day. You should start heavy lifting, I have dropped 3 pounds since I started. It is also making me more firm not so much jelly haha.
  • Got_Discipline
    Got_Discipline Posts: 65 Member
    First you haven't failed because you are still trying.
    Second these things take time so DO NOT give up. You should take pictures of yourself, you should measure yourself at your belly button, broadest part of your hips, thighs, and biceps. Write it all down write down the date put it down for a month and then come back to do it again. You should see some changes. Don't worry about the scale throw that damn thing out.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    I'd say you aren't necessarily looking to lose weight then, but to tone up.

Ditch the scale, get a measuring tape, lift weights, eat protein.

I'm 5'5" and (when I was in shape) at 135 pounds and 18% body fat, I wore a much smaller size than my 5'7" friend who weighed 120.
  • Measure yourself and take progress pictures...most of the time you'll see a difference in your clothes and how you look in the mirror rather than the scale.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    same prob here....i also started in Feb 2013.i am 5'6'' with weight 137lbs and since then i lost just 2lbs and its really so irritating.
    People suggested me to do weight lifting activities so lets se would it work or not....but even i am so depressed and have lost all my mitvation.i just want to lose 8lbs and it has become like impossible :(
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    I'd say you aren't necessarily looking to lose weight then, but to tone up.

Ditch the scale, get a measuring tape, lift weights, eat protein.

I'm 5'5" and (when I was in shape) at 135 pounds and 18% body fat, I wore a much smaller size than my 5'7" friend who weighed 120.

Hey Jaulen so do u mean you lost your weight by lifting weight???coz even i tried everything Yoga, exercises, walk, healthy eating but dint lose more than 2lbs since feb 2013 :(