anyone use endomondo???

Options
anyone use this app??? looking for more people that use it and what you think.... :happy:

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use it for tracking running. It will post the workouts here fine. It has done a good job for me (not lost anything). It seems accurate on mileage and the calorie estimates seem conservative (I also think that is a good thing). It will do audio for split times and I like that feature. I am running 5+ miles most of the time and if I am running under 10 minutes the first mile or two I need to slow down or I will be hating life later. Anyway, I recommend it.
  • txbandman
    txbandman Posts: 78
    Options
    I love endomondo - I really like the feature that lets me see where on my run was my fastest km, my fastest mile, etc. There is an endomondo group on MFP as well, I have several endomondo friends that have added because of the MFP group.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Endomondo gave me inflated calorie burns, so I switched to runtastic which seems more realistic.
  • Browne_Fox
    Browne_Fox Posts: 12
    Options
    I get inflated calorie burns too. I compared yesterday and endomondo gives me 50% extra cals burned than if I enter the exercise directly to myfitness. But I like a lot of the features.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like it - just using it for running now, but will try it during circuit/hiit sometime. I use it with a Polar bluetooth HRM though, so the calorie burn estimates are pretty good in my experience (not sure how they would be without it).
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I use it religiously for running/cycling, and I am always looking for friends! I notice the calorie burns are high, and I only eat back 25-33% of what it says I burn, and it hasn't done me wrong yet.
  • 55in13
    Options
    I get inflated calorie burns too. I compared yesterday and endomondo gives me 50% extra cals burned than if I enter the exercise directly to myfitness. But I like a lot of the features.
    Interesting. I had compared it to some other apps and sites and I though to here, but I just checked and it is ~10% higher than MFP for a recent 7 mile run. I don't eat back calories anyway...
  • julmikek
    julmikek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!! :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    While on vacation in Paris discovered a disadvantage to using these gps tracking apps: battery life. It's fine or a workout at home, but when you are using it all day as a tourist out walking (I actually use runtastic) my phone runs out of juice by mid day. I ended up just tracking how many minutes I walked and estimating how fast I went (leisurely or slow) if I wanted my phone to stay alive all day.
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use it for running/hiking/walking. I like that you can add your own workouts and that you can track them all online. I find that it shows less calories burned than MFP, but that is just my experience. I like the app and haven't had too many problems with it uploading a workout to MFP.
  • 55in13
    Options
    While on vacation in Paris discovered a disadvantage to using these gps tracking apps: battery life. It's fine or a workout at home, but when you are using it all day as a tourist out walking (I actually use runtastic) my phone runs out of juice by mid day. I ended up just tracking how many minutes I walked and estimating how fast I went (leisurely or slow) if I wanted my phone to stay alive all day.
    With all due respect, that's a phone/device problem. You can get battery packs that plug into the USB to extend it, but most modern phones will run several hours with GPS, screen, WiFi and phone on full time. I can watch 2 full length movies on my Droid.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use Endo and Runtastic both on my runs. I like Endo's website, but Runtastic seems to record the distance more accuratly. Endomondo would always drop out for about 1/2 km at the start of my rum, while Runtastic has always been able to catch the GPS signal and keep the distance coirrect. Just purcahsed the Runtastic Pro and Gold leves too. Probably just keep Endo for the website
  • BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    I use it all the time! I absolutely love it. I don't go anywhere without it!
  • beascmd
    beascmd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes!! LOVE IT!!
  • beascmd
    beascmd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes!! LOVE IT!!:smile:
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use it with a HRM when I'm at the gym, or biking to/from the gym. The burn it shows seems to be pretty accurate - lower than the number on the elliptical at the gym, unless I'm working really hard or started with an elevated heart rate. I do like the graphs and things on the website, because I can see calories burned, calories eaten and weight all at the same time.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have been a user since October of 2012. I love it... I have compared the calorie burn and mileage with my heart monitor and two different apps and they are on target so far. The newer updates are great, meaning now you can track your treadmill walks/runs.

The only negative I see is sometimes the updates to MFP are slow... But this is my go to app...

The other apps I compared to were Runtastic and Nike both had more cons then pros.

So i'll stay with endomondo.... Good luck and enjoy

Add me if you want... I am always looking for Endo friends...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I find it give me inflated distance. The run I do is spot on 10km yet when I do it with Endomondo it makes it anywhere between 12-14km instead. So I stopped using it for a while. I started using it again just this week & yep it's still doing it. MY walk is 5.6km every time, with Runtastic it's spot on. Yet Endomondo make it a whole 1km more if not 2.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I use it! I love it! I use the GPS for all my cardio. Bike rides, runs, walks, kayaking. In a couple of weeks I'm going to buy the Zephyr heart rate monitor and it will sync with endomondo then I'll auto upload all my workouts with calorie counts directly from endomondo to MFP. I don't now because I think their calorie burn estimates are too high.
  • wendamabelle
    wendamabelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It has been the best app I have found for cycling. The GPS is 100% correct for me and I like the online options they have too. I don't eat back all my calories anyways so if it is wrong then it doesn't really matter. I do 17-25km bike rides with it and it never kills my battery.