Starting again - beginning Monday

Options
Hi everyone - I have been away for quite some time. I have decided to re-focus and give to myself - I won't be doing 12 hour shifts anymore (I am a nurse) and will be on a fairly steady schedule (3-11 shift) - I plan to go to the gym everyday before work and mix things up with cardio and weights - my challenge has always been food - so I need to really get focused on what I am eating. My plan is to prepare things ahead of time so I don't have to reach for things quickly. I hope I can reconnect with some people here and perhaps make some new friends too :)

Replies

• lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track. Best of luck, You can do it!!!!!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Great. Why not start Sunday instead of Monday.? Do whatever works for you. Just stick with it. You will do it. You can do it.
    Just make sure you have a plan in case you go back to the 12 hour shift. Have wonderful weekend.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Great. Why not start Sunday instead of Monday.?
    I agree, why Monday? What's wrong with starting in today with a workout and a healthy meal:drinker: Nothing better than the present!!:wink::laugh: .

Good luck!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey ER:flowerforyou:
    I too am a nurse (working 12 hour shifts 3-5xwk), and planning IS half the battle- but very doable.
    Now plan to succede!!!!:wink:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    First - Today, not Monday. Good intentions are great, but they don't mean anything in the here and now unless they are acted upon. Today make a small change. And tomorrow make a little bit bigger change. Baby steps - this is a marathon not a sprint. Starting today doesn't mean you have to go to the gym today. It just means you're making better choices than you did yesterday.

Second - Don't set your goals too high - if you aren't used to working out don't tell yourself that you have to work out every single day before work, because guess what, chances are it's not going to happen. Instead how about making the goal to work out 3 times a week, and work up from there. Take a walk during your lunch break. Park farther away so that you have to walk farther to and from work. Have to go one or two floors up? Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Adding little changes like that adds up to big changes to your health. You can do this! :D
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Good luck ERnurse. A lot of planning needed, but definitely doable! :bigsmile:
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Thanks everyone - actually I will be starting tomorrow - but today hubby and I had prime rib for dinner and cheesecake for dessert - not a great foot to start on - as for working out everyday - my plan is to go to the gym everyday that I work as it is on my way and there are many reasons for going (nice hot tub and sauna) - so here's to a new beginning!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - actually I will be starting tomorrow - but today hubby and I had prime rib for dinner and cheesecake for dessert - not a great foot to start on - as for working out everyday - my plan is to go to the gym everyday that I work as it is on my way and there are many reasons for going (nice hot tub and sauna) - so here's to a new beginning!!
    Sounds like a wonderful plan, always GREAT when the gym is on the 'way'! Ah and also extra nice with a hot tub and sauna, great to relax after a hard work out, perfect way to end a great workout:wink:

Sounds like you had a nice meal last night, both of which you can still eat in the future with a few tweaks and portion control. :happy:

Good luck, sounds like you won't need it though as you've got things well planned out, good for YOU Hon:drinker: