best HRM to buy

Options
I am wanting to buy my own Heart Rate Montior that will track my calories during things like Zumba class our Y offers them to use but they only work with the machines I want one for when I am walking or doing things like Zumba class what brand would you reccommened.

Replies

• kskye82
    kskye82 Posts: 56
    Options
    I just went through this 2 weeks ago and solicited tons of people and did lots of research! I ended up with the Polar F7 and LOVE it!!!!! Good luck!
  • luvstolose
    Options
    I have been reading reveiws on other sites and it seems polar is the way to go thanks I will check out the F7
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 (F7 isnt made anymore, this is the new model replacement) and I love it
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you have any interest at all in getting into running then I would go for the Garmin Forerunner 305. Not only is it a HRM, but it's also a GPS watch that is invaluable for running, biking, hiking, walking, swimming or whatever else you want to do that involves moving. It will tell you exactly how far you're going, how fast, how long it takes, grades, elevations, heart rates and a whole host of other things. It will even guide you back home if you get lost. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Cost is about $150 at most places. Best bang for the buck in my opinion...and if you're into analyzing things it will upload all of your workouts to your computer and spit out more information about your workout than you really know what to do with.

And yes, it has an indoor setting if you're working out indoors.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    If you have any interest at all in getting into running then I would go for the Garmin Forerunner 305. Not only is it a HRM, but it's also a GPS watch that is invaluable for running, biking, hiking, walking, swimming or whatever else you want to do that involves moving. It will tell you exactly how far you're going, how fast, how long it takes, grades, elevations, heart rates and a whole host of other things. It will even guide you back home if you get lost. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Cost is about $150 at most places. Best bang for the buck in my opinion...and if you're into analyzing things it will upload all of your workouts to your computer and spit out more information about your workout than you really know what to do with.

And yes, it has an indoor setting if you're working out indoors.

Thanks... I am going to get that one... I spend so much time doing data input on daily mile for my various workouts...
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You won't regret it. It's a great tool.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I have the polar F7 and do not like it! I wish I would have got the newer FT7 but heard so many good things about the F7 so went with it. I am thinking of selling it soon.